Author Topic: People Who Annoy Me.  (Read 6572 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Re: People Who Annoy Me.
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2008, 03:29:03 PM »
People who know they have stolen nothing who stop when the shop exit alarm goes off. I just tell them to "Get it fixed!" and walk off.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2008, 03:31:37 PM »
People who shake a charity box in your face as though you have no choice but to contribute (unless you want to appear evil) and who respond negatively when you tell them to "P*ss off".

Colin

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2008, 04:09:33 PM »
When you go into a shop, get whatever you need and go up and pay for it.
The person behind the counter then puts all the notes and change together (and not even folded) and puts it in your hand.
You now need to put down whatever you have bought just to take the change off the notes, fold the notes and put them in your wallet / pocket and then the change in your pocket.  >:(

peter

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2008, 04:44:53 PM »
People who uses "Absolutely" instead of yes.
People who say "At this moment in time." instead of "At this moment."
People who say "Can I help you".

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2008, 04:55:31 PM »
Yeah, but when these complete and utter idiots get off and immediately STOP, blocking the exit for others who are still being carried along, they show a complete disregard for anyone else and it makes you want to barge them over, or punch their lights out! It makes me so bloody angry.

And people who walk three-abreast at the speed of about a mile a month, hogging the whole pavement, when you're walking at a normal speed behind them, and rapidly catching up. You just want to slap 'em.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 05:00:41 PM by The Peepmaster »
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2008, 05:15:46 PM »
Peepmaster, I get the impression that it's just "other people" who annoy you.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2008, 05:36:06 PM »
Peepmaster, I get the impression that it's just "other people" who annoy you.

Yeah, I hardly ever annoy myself these days...  ::)
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Malc

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2008, 11:28:05 AM »
From a utter waste of time perspective (rest of post deleted by Malc)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 12:35:53 PM by Malc »

Malc

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2008, 12:32:20 PM »
OK, I noticed THAT.

The webmaster has arranged for the word f o o tball to be replaced by the words "waste of time", which is of itself not a worry, except when it renders someone's post incomprehensible.

With power comes responsibility.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2008, 01:01:19 PM »
Peepmaster was messing about with the censored words to change people's names to other things, and I had to get rid of them twice. I put in utter waste of time to annoy him, but obviously he did not notice and left it there. I shall remove it.

This is what happens when you give Peepmaster ultimate power.

Please be assured that I am not laughing and shall deal with this seriously.

Vulture

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2008, 08:20:33 PM »

On the subject of buses: Bus travel is too convenient, and bus drivers should be just that - drivers.

The only solution is to re-educate these passengers in the practice of travelling without money. They should have to buy a prepaid card which they slot into a machine next to the driver, who sits behind a perspex screen and does not communicate. Once the money on the card is used up, they can't travel unless they buy a new card, which is only available from high street newsagents, garages or post offices.

If they are at the head of the queue and they have card problems, they stand to the side, the rest of the passengers merely file past, slotting in their cards as they go. They also get the best seats. Passengers with cards hidden at the bottom of their shopping bags therefore board last.

This is what we have in London.  They're called 'Oyster cards'. You have to top them up at stations or newsagents.  You then touch the card to the 'reader' which is just on the outside of the perspex screen and the only time the driver speaks to you is if you have no credit and you have to get off. Passengers who are fumbling at the bottom of their bag are rudely pushed aside by card holders who 'touch and go'. If you want to pay cash you can, but it costs you twice as much. All bus fares are the same, whether it's one stop or to the end of the line.

Malc

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2008, 04:07:47 AM »
Ah....then my work is done. :D

Vulture

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2008, 06:05:04 AM »
Ah....then my work is done. :D

You were taking the p*ss, weren't you?   <-

Malc

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2008, 07:21:55 AM »
Honest, no.

I was in London last year but only used the Tube.

I'm exceptionally good at coming up with innovative ideas that other people have already thought of.
On the other hand, I also come up with genuinely new concepts that I can't get backing for, only to find that someone succeeds with almost exactly the same idea later.

Shrek was one of those, and the whole Freddy Krueger schlock horror thing was a story I wrote in high school.

I developed an animation series pilot with the BBC in about 1989 about a monster who comes to live in a village populated by characters from fairy tales and nursery rhymes. The BBC thought the animation was great, but didn't like the concept.

The original Shrek book by Steig was written about this time (my concept predates it) but even in that book the fairy tale characters do not feature. So could my concept have reached the US, where Dreamworks turned it into a mega hit?
It's unlikely but possible.
Many of my colleagues at Cosgrove Hall went to work in London for Spielberg's company called Amblimation, and then later moved to California where the outfit changed its name to Dreamworks. Who knows what stuff was chucked around in ideas meetings?

These things happen all the time. I was in Australia when the animation company I worked for bought the rights to my strip Blacknose The Pirate.

They took it to a meeting in France where ANOTHER company swore that they had the rights to make the same series! The second company thought had inherited Blacknose when they bought out a previous company (to whom I had sold a one year option many years before).

Like I said, it happens all the time. I know big animation companies who have paid six figure sums for rights to concepts just to stop other companies getting their hands on them.

People have been made millionaires overnight whose projects will never see the light of day.
Tricky chap, the old animation production game.

Malc

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2008, 09:11:12 AM »
This is inspired by a comment on another site which shall remain nameless.

I hate it when cartoonists post work on the internet and expect nothing but admiration and praise.
Further, I hate it when they react even to the praise because it's not fulsome enough!

One cartoonist, reacting to qualified praise from me, immediately went to my site and copy/pasted stuff onto the forum to make sniffy comments about MY work.
I'll ignore the copyright issues involved, it was just creepy.

Feel free to criticize anything I put up. I'm confident enough in my own abilities to weather any blows, and I do actually recognise and acknowledge valid points.