Author Topic: My Ladies  (Read 6814 times)

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: My Ladies
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 12:24:41 AM »
Two girls (...er, women, ladies, er... players) pulled off successful moves I had demonstrated in training on Wednesday, and asked me afterwards if I had noticed!

Well, if they had to ask...
I apologise, in advance.

Malc

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 02:27:34 PM »
Wait 'til they pull you into the communal baths when you've won a trophy!
Silly boy! They won't have to pull me in!

I'll be wearing my bathers, obviously.

Malc

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2008, 03:40:37 PM »
My women's team played away in a cup game against a team called Peninsula today.
Whereas my team are Div 4, the opponents were Div 2 and the difference in class was quite marked, we went down 5-0.

This was despite a truly heroic performance from the girls, one of whom (Kelly) collapsed a couple of times and had to come off to inhale her asthma puffer.

I insisted that she did not go on again, but she assured me that she had recovered, and that the weather had become cooler, thus making it easier for her to run. She assured me that collapsing, retching and demanding her puffer was part of her usual modus operandi.
Kelly had been playing full back and had played a blinder, running down attacker after attacker, so I put her up front and told her to park her backside on the halfway line and chase no-one.

We only had eleven players, no subs, and at half time Danni said she had to go to a family function, she couldn't delay her father any longer so we went down to ten players.

Amanda had previously pulled her thigh in a six-a-side game with me on Friday, and it started acting up again, so she swapped jerseys with Renee (who was in goal) who then went to play striker. This caused a bit of a flutter amongst the men because Renee was wearing a very un-sports tiny bra. ;)

The girls tired badly towards the end, but they played with a lot of heart and spirit and some with not a little skill. Every male coach should look after a woman's side for at least one season, it's life-affirming.

Afterwards in the dressing room, I asked Amanda to make sure the team was dressed when I came to do my post match talk. She assured me all was fine.

I went in and half the team were in their undies! :-[ One dropped her shorts to reveal only a thong.

Oh, and we actually were awarded the game because the other team fielded an illegal player from their womens Premier League side.

This job is turning out all right. ;D

Colin

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2008, 04:00:23 PM »
<I went in and half the team were in their undies!  One dropped her shorts to reveal only a thong>

Thats why they call it the beautiful game.  ;D

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2008, 05:39:12 PM »
My women's team played away in a cup game against a team called Peninsula today.
Whereas my team are Div 4, the opponents were Div 2 and the difference in class was quite marked, we went down 5-0.

This was despite a truly heroic performance from the girls, one of whom (Kelly) collapsed a couple of times and had to come off to inhale her asthma puffer.

I insisted that she did not go on again, but she assured me that she had recovered, and that the weather had become cooler, thus making it easier for her to run. She assured me that collapsing, retching and demanding her puffer was part of her usual modus operandi.
Kelly had been playing full back and had played a blinder, running down attacker after attacker, so I put her up front and told her to park her backside on the halfway line and chase no-one.

We only had eleven players, no subs, and at half time Danni said she had to go to a family function, she couldn't delay her father any longer so we went down to ten players.

Amanda had previously pulled her thigh in a six-a-side game with me on Friday, and it started acting up again, so she swapped jerseys with Renee (who was in goal) who then went to play striker. This caused a bit of a flutter amongst the men because Renee was wearing a very un-sports tiny bra. ;)

The girls tired badly towards the end, but they played with a lot of heart and spirit and some with not a little skill. Every male coach should look after a woman's side for at least one season, it's life-affirming.

Afterwards in the dressing room, I asked Amanda to make sure the team was dressed when I came to do my post match talk. She assured me all was fine.

I went in and half the team were in their undies! :-[ One dropped her shorts to reveal only a thong.

Oh, and we actually were awarded the game because the other team fielded an illegal player from their womens Premier League side.

This job is turning out all right. ;D

Blimey, Malc. What does the result matter? I'd call 'em in for extra training!
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

madjock

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2008, 09:23:05 AM »
Do they swap shirts at the end of the game? ;D

Malc

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2008, 11:55:10 AM »
Hmmm. Never heard THAT one before ::)

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2008, 12:00:16 PM »
Hmmm. Never heard THAT one before ::)

I think someone's sabotaged the roll-eyes smiley, Malc. I can't imagine who it could be!

I had to borrow that one from somewhere else.

Malc

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2008, 12:08:49 PM »
Forgot to post my reports.

Last week we lost to top of the table Peninsula 1-0, we SHOULD have won, but a rather large lady was not closed down quickly enough, virtually our only mistake in defence that day, and she lobbed a speculative ball into the box.
She actually over-hit it and it looped over our goalie's head and into the net. I wasn't worried, as I felt we had the beating of them, but we copped two injuries and tired badly in the last fifteen minutes.

The ladies do play a full match, (90 mins) and I think that's at least ten minutes too long.

Today, we fought out a VERY thrilling draw 0-0 against Kangaroo Point Rovers, a top end side and as a result moved up to fifth in the table.

Vulture

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2008, 12:10:00 PM »
Well Done!

Malc

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2008, 04:42:52 PM »
One of the team asked me to strap her ankle today, as she had arrived late. I do know how to strap, as I've done a few courses and did so quickly and very well (though I say so meself).

Problem is, I have a thing for womens feet, as a lot of men do and probably got more out of it than she realised. Is that wrong? :-[

That's a question for the women. If you say it's wrong, I won't do it again. Probably.

Diamond Lil

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2008, 05:21:47 PM »

Problem is, I have a thing for womens feet, as a lot of men do and probably got more out of it than she realised. Is that wrong? :-[

Do you even have to ask?

Vulture

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2008, 08:26:29 PM »
One of the team asked me to strap her ankle today, as she had arrived late. I do know how to strap, as I've done a few courses and did so quickly and very well (though I say so meself).

That's a question for the women. If you say it's wrong, I won't do it again. Probably.

It's such a shame you're so far away - I need a change of toe-nail varnish!  ::)

Malc

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2008, 10:05:15 PM »
I've done a course in that.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2008, 10:14:29 PM »

It's such a shame you're so far away - I need a change of toe-nail varnish!  ::)

What a coincidence!