Author Topic: Okay, I'll just waffle...  (Read 4436 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Okay, I'll just waffle...
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 09:18:17 PM »
Talking of waffles. My husband makes them most Sundays - my Dad bought an old restaurant style waffle iron at a garage sale for $2 - he put a new plug on it and gave it to us 21 years ago and it still works great.

Sometimes we have them plain with just a little butter and syrup, sometimes we have them with sausages on the side, sometimes a scoop of vanilla ice cream with some tinned peach slices, sometimes fresh strawberries and whipped cream, sometimes some hot fruit syrup. I hope I'm not waffling...
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Vulture

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 09:20:11 PM »
Talking of waffles. My husband makes them most Sundays - my Dad bought an old restaurant style waffle iron at a garage sale for $2 - he put a new plug on it and gave it to us 21 years ago and it still works great.

Sometimes we have them plain with just a little butter and syrup, sometimes we have them with sausages on the side, sometimes a scoop of vanilla ice cream with some tinned peach slices, sometimes fresh strawberries and whipped cream, sometimes some hot fruit syrup. I hope I'm not waffling...

mmmm..... can you send me one over with everything on it, please.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 09:23:30 PM »
Talking of fresh picked strawberries. I took my daughter and my neice to a U-pick. For only twice as much as you can buy them in the store, you can drive to the middle of nowhere and pick your own strawberries and swat mosquitos at the same time.

They had such a good time though as the experience included a long ride to the far end of the 25 acre field in a fun little buggy. It would have been nice to have got a ride back to the hut as well but they could tell I was cheap as I only bought one pail to fill.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 09:32:29 PM by Diane CBPFC »
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 09:25:57 PM »
Sure Vulture - I hope the blueberry syrup doesn't make your mailbox too sticky.

Tom

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2008, 09:37:59 PM »
I've just noticed Diane... you're a waffle waffler and a serial cereal winner!

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 07:08:54 AM »
That was good thinking Tom.