Author Topic: Musical Confessions.  (Read 17771 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Musical Confessions.
« on: June 11, 2008, 11:21:43 PM »
I like Mmmbop by Hanson.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Re: Musical Confessions.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 11:44:55 PM »
Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned,
I burped at the table and then broke wind.
It seemed to be such fun at the time
That I thought I'd wrap it up in a rhyme.

Do you hear the people fart?
Farting a song of flatulence.
It is the rumblings of a people
Whose wind is their incense.

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood the title.

madjock

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 12:00:09 AM »
Oops up side your head - Gap Back Band  :-\

Malc

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 01:27:38 AM »
I think it was Noel Coward who said "Extraordinary how potent cheap music is". I was a big fan of Abba when I was still at school, though to have admitted so would have invited much bigger and less musically eclectic boys to flush your head down the lavvy.

Fact is, history has vindicated me. Abba are musical legends, but where are Black Oak Arkansas? Nowhere, that's where.

Malc

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 01:32:20 AM »
Oh, I forgot to mention that I was a Neil Diamond fan too. I thought Cracklin' Rosie was brilliant (I was about 13 at the time), and when I had the band, it was one of our standards, a real crowd pleaser at the working mens clubs.

Say what you like about Neil, he has stood the test of time.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 09:47:52 AM »
I've admitted to my Hanson problem before on here but every time I stumble across the song, as I did last night, I keep thinking what a good piece of "pop" it is. I agree with you about Abba, Malc---my only problem with them was their outfits. Truly appalling.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 10:25:28 AM »
The first 'record' I ever owned was an LP called 'The Best Of Danny Kaye'. It was bought for me at the age of nine, and it was inspirational.

The second LP I bought myself. It was 'Songs Of Eurovision (not original artists)'. It was slightly less inspirational, but I really liked it. I was still nine.

I went to see Jethro Tull in concert at the Munich Olympic Stadium in 1980. My brother was working over there at the time, and I took him out a brand new Scotland football shirt (issued on the market only the day before I travelled) for his birthday, just as our national squad was setting out on their successful campaign to qualify for the Spanish World Cup Finals in '82. My brother wore the shirt to the concert, and was spotted by Jethro Tull's roadies while we had a schnitzel at one of the the venue's cafeterias. "Whaur did ye get that?" he was asked. "You're aboot ma size - how much d'ye want fur it?"

"Sorry!" said my brother. "It's a birthday present from my brother - he brought it over for me just today. It's not for sale."

The words damned near choked him, but I was ever so proud. The concert was excellent, but I couldn't help thinking it would have been even better if Ian Anderson was standing on one leg in the middle of the massive stage, playing his flute... and wearing the brand new Scotland shirt.

I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 11:54:49 AM »
I used to like Jethro Tull but now there is probably no album of his that I can play without it irritating me within the space of one song.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 01:48:26 PM »
I like Mmmbop by Hanson.

Could you embed a YouTube clip of the song into a post for me to hear, Roger?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 02:10:10 PM »
Does the "Could you" mean "Please would you" or "Are you intelligent enough to"?

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 04:32:00 PM »
Does the "Could you" mean "Please would you" or "Are you intelligent enough to"?

Well, as it's such a simple thing to do, I thought he could demonstrate his ability by embedding the aforementioned clip. I really would like to see that.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 06:27:37 PM »
Normally, I would but...er...I've got a sore finger.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 06:28:34 PM »
Okay, I don't know how to do it! You happy now?

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 06:53:26 PM »
1. Go to the YouTube page.

2. Copy the bit at the very top that says: http://www.youtube.com?blahblahblahblah

You do this by selecting it with the mouse (make the text go blue background) and choose EDIT > COPY.

3. Paste it into the post by writing something and then on a new line choose EDIT > PASTE.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 06:59:40 PM »
He's not a complete idiot, Mince!