Author Topic: Musical Confessions.  (Read 17663 times)

Vulture

Re: Musical Confessions.
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 07:09:31 PM »
He's not a complete idiot, Mince!

Sez who?

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 10:50:33 PM »
1. Go to the YouTube page.

2. Copy the bit at the very top that says: http://www.youtube.com?blahblahblahblah

You do this by selecting it with the mouse (make the text go blue background) and choose EDIT > COPY.

3. Paste it into the post by writing something and then on a new line choose EDIT > PASTE.

Okay, I'll study this more carefully in the morning but a couple of points....copy? paste? How do you get from the clip on YouTube to the Beau Peep site? If I wanted to post a clip from YouTube here, where would I actually start? There or here?
Goodnight.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 11:32:30 PM »
It's worse than we thought.  :(
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 11:35:20 PM »
How do you get from the clip on YouTube to the Beau Peep site? If I wanted to post a clip from YouTube here, where would I actually start? There or here?

He's having me on, isn't he?

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 12:03:58 AM »
Nope.
I apologise, in advance.

Colin

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2008, 12:10:11 AM »
Me Me.
Can I do it?

NO! Roger has to learn to do it for himself. - (Peepmaster intervention).
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 12:12:42 AM by The Peepmaster »

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 12:11:12 AM »
1. Go to the YouTube page.

2. Copy the bit at the very top that says: http://www.youtube.com?blahblahblahblah

You do this by selecting it with the mouse (make the text go blue background) and choose EDIT > COPY.

3. Paste it into the post by writing something and then on a new line choose EDIT > PASTE.

Okay, I'll study this more carefully in the morning but a couple of points....copy? paste? How do you get from the clip on YouTube to the Beau Peep site? If I wanted to post a clip from YouTube here, where would I actually start? There or here?
Goodnight.

Quite simply you should just select the URL displayed in the address bar and copy it to your clipboard, (temporarily, of course). Paste that copied URL into the text panel for responding on the thread in the relevant forum (on the Beau Peep site). Mince has made it simpler so that you don't need to select, copy and paste different code to embed the YouTube clip (as we previously had to); neither do you have to add "html" and "/html" within square brackets, so the exercise is now quite straightforward.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2008, 01:10:01 AM »
What's the betting he doesn't get past "clipboard"?
I apologise, in advance.

Malc

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2008, 07:04:55 AM »
I used to like Jethro Tull but now there is probably no album of his that I can play

If you mean the band Jethro Tull, it's my sad duty to inform you that the singer/writer and flute player is Ian Anderson. No Jethro Tull actually exists in the band itself.

However if you mean the agriculturist Jethro Tull, inventor of the seed drill, the news is even worse. There is definitely no album of his that you can play.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2008, 09:30:59 AM »
What's the betting he doesn't get past "clipboard"?
I didn't get past "quite simply".

Malc

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2008, 01:21:42 PM »
Roger, I realise that this will take time, but slow and steady...

first you have to know that so-called BB code allows you to use the square brackets -[  ] (top right of the main keyboard) to copy and paste stuff.

if you stick those brackets outside the letters "img" you can copy and paste an image.

if you stick the brackets outside the word "quote" you can copy and paste a quote.

The problem is that if we actually write an example of the code, it WILL activate, so we have to deliberately write the code wrongly when we want to demonstrate it to an imbecile esteemed colleague.
Example:
If I want to copy and paste "Billy Big Bot eats snails a lot" I have to highlight it and paste it within these two square bracketed words- 
Billy Big Bot eats snails a lot
Note that the SECOND bracket has a back slash in front of the word "quote" . Also note that I left a gap between that back slash and the actual word. The code is now activated.
The good news is you don't really have to concern yourself with all this, as the menu above does it all for you. Just highlight a sentence and click on the "B" top left and the code will surround the sentence making it Bold

Now, using EXACTLY THE SAME PRINCIPLE go to the site which is showing the You Tube video, and highlight the URL up in the address bar, then copy it (Ctrl C)

Then, pull up this site, click on "reply" and in the reply box click "Ctrl V" The URL will appear there. You also have to write a little message to accompany it otherwise an error message will come up saying there's nothing there, but the video should load automatically - no square boxes needed, this site is configured to play videos without us entering BB code.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 03:03:32 PM by Malc »

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2008, 01:33:15 PM »
I understand Mince has configured the board so that BB code may not be necessary in this instance, Malc. By all means use the term "html" (without inverted commas) in square brackets to precede and follow the code you should use to embed the trailer, (not forgetting the forward-slash before the second "html") - (remove those inverted commas too). The clip should then definitely show. It may well show if you use the URL only, as Mince has altered the rules relating to coding requirements. Simply pasting the address, (or Uniform Resource Locator), therefore might display the image, but usually just gives a hyperlink and doesn't look so professional, particularly when it is possible to have the embedded feature by displaying the code in a simple fashion going by the instructions above. (You can hide a Uniform Resource Locator by using square brackets, and masking it with a description by the way. It usually highlights in blue, and provides the link elegantly. Go on - try it!

peter

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2008, 01:43:59 PM »
Just ignore all post by Peepmaster and you might get some reward.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2008, 01:45:41 PM »
Roger, say to your wife: "Can you show me how to copy and paste?"

Then to her surprised question in reply say: "No, really, I can't copy and paste. Can you show me?"

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2008, 03:13:53 PM »
Roger, say to your wife: "Can you show me how to copy and paste?"

Then to her surprised question in reply say: "No, really, I can't copy and paste. Can you show me?"

Are you trying to get Roger to look like a useless wimp in front of his wife, Mince? That's not very nice!