Author Topic: Sweets when a child.  (Read 1343 times)

peter

Sweets when a child.
« on: July 19, 2008, 05:38:06 PM »
What were your favourite sweets when you were a kid.
I can remember wagon wheels when they seemed as big as pancakes
There was also hazel nut creams heaven.
Sherbut dabs.

Vulture

Re: Sweets when a child.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 06:00:36 PM »
Fruit Salads - 2 for a ha'penny or 5 for a penny
Spangles
Sherbet Dabs
Liquorice
Pear Drops
And in the winter, Victory V's
Smashing!

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 08:19:28 PM »
Pear Drops
Walnut Whip
Curly Wurly
Mintos

I was able to buy myself some pear drops when I went to Banff last year - they have a sweet shop on the main street filled with all the old British favourites, as well as other candy. I treated my boys to some giant jaw breakers from England too.

I love to buy a block of tire sponge toffee when I go to holiday places - and I love salt water taffy when I can find it.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 08:21:49 PM »
Also my friend brought me back a walnut whip several years ago from her trip home to Cornwall - it is still sitting in my cupboard as once it's gone it's gone. My daughter also bought me a Curly Wurly when we went to the Highland Games last year - I have that sitting by my desk - sometimes I get tempted to eat it - but then it would be gone and i would miss it.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad