Beau Peep Notice Board > Just a Fort

Social media and nosey questions

<< < (2/6) > >>

Mince:
Go at it, Roger!

Roger Kettle:
Hmm. Yes, I may have to get back to this when I have a spare week!

Roger Kettle:
I was born in Glasgow but grew up in a tiny Highland village called Dalwhinnie, now famous for a rather expensive whisky. I went to primary school in Dalwhinnie before completing my education at Inverness Royal Academy.
What do I look like? A very old man.
(Parts 1 and 2 of 76).

Mince:

--- Quote from: Roger Kettle on October 05, 2019, 06:43:57 PM ---I [...] grew up in a tiny Highland village called Dalwhinnie, now famous for a rather expensive whisky.

--- End quote ---

So it was not famous when you grew up there? The distillery was built in 1897. Exactly when were you a kid?

Roger Kettle:
Interesting question. Initially, the distillery only produced raw whisky which was blended elsewhere. It's only in the last 20 or 30 years that they have produced a quality, in-house whisky under the name "Dalwhinnie". I actually hate the stuff but that's neither here nor there. When I was a kid of 8 or 9 (c.!910), I used to play in the distillery with my pals. We would leap from overhead beams into the 20 ft deep mounds of barley used for the whisky production. Health and Safety regulations were different then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version