Author Topic: How to Change a Toilet Seat!  (Read 4335 times)

Offline The Peepmaster

Re: How to Change a Toilet Seat!
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 10:08:45 AM »
How come everybody else can quote and I can't?

I was just warning Malc, in case he tried it - I wouldn't be surprised if the plastic ones crack when you loosen them too.  Sounds good - at least the metal ones don't seem to loosen like the plastic ones.

a plastic nut loose

Mince again?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Tom

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 10:13:00 AM »
Tell you what, Vulch... it shows what a good job you did fitting it in the first place!  :)

Malc

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 10:43:50 AM »
If you've got an electric drill (or your son has) put it on high speed and rub it up and down the thread of the bolt that is showing above the nut. The vibration will loosen it.

Vulture

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2009, 10:58:17 AM »
If you've got an electric drill (or your son has) put it on high speed and rub it up and down the thread of the bolt that is showing above the nut. The vibration will loosen it.

He keeps pinching MY drill because it's better than his!!!

No 2 son will be here at lunchtime - HE can deal with the problem for me.

Vulture

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2009, 01:22:36 PM »
Yep! All done and dusted AND he fitted the new for me.

No 2 son actually DID rip it off - he put pliers either end of the bolt and twisted until it broke in the middle; now why didn't I think of that!  ..0

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2009, 05:30:49 PM »
For some reason I couldn't post last night - my suggestion was that you just move to a new place - but I see you have it all sorted now.  ;D
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2009, 05:39:52 PM »
It's the forum, Diane. Some of us can't post, some can't add quotes, and some don't have avatars any more.

Mince set it up.

Vulture

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2009, 06:23:42 PM »
It's the forum, Diane. Some of us can't post, some can't add quotes, and some don't have avatars any more.

Mince set it up.

First it is suggested that Mince is a pilchard or some other marine amoeba, THEN suggest that he's so brainy he can *uck up the board so that none of YOU clever sods can fix it. Come on then, if you're brainier than a pilchard....fix this board!

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2009, 06:33:50 PM »

Mince set it up.

marine amoeba

Damn, I wish I'd thought of that one.

Mince knows the workings of this forum, and he has often tinkered with it to produce certain effects now and again, as I'm sure people have noticed. Somewhere along the way I suspect he's caught a fin in the workings and a couple of scales are lodged in the cogs.