Author Topic: Earth Day 2007 Project  (Read 5855 times)

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Earth Day 2007 Project
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 09:38:29 AM »
Beautiful photo, Diane---very reminiscent of Yellowstone.

You know, I seriously had to think that through for more than 30 seconds before I stopped myself posting to suggest that it should have been Jellystone, Roger - I've been in this business wa-a-a-ay too long.

Beautiful picture indeed, Diane. Reminds me of home (Scotland that is - I've never been to Canada, sadly). We also have a Banff...'nuff said.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 09:57:52 AM »
Here's a picture looking down at the Kyles of Bute. The Isle of Bute is to the right. Sadly not taken last week, but compares favourable to the Rockies photo I feel.

Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2007, 03:39:21 PM »
I had not been to Banff for 12 years - and that time I had a baby so didn't go in the Hot Springs.

There has been a new wooden walkway built from the lookout cafe to the old weather station - it took us an hour and a half to walk up to the other mountain top and back - we were slowed down by some of the places on the path being like ice rinks. I got a suntan!

Nige that is a beautiful view - we used to go on camping holidays to Scotland every summer - Scotland is a wonderful place.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad