Author Topic: You Tube Me!  (Read 4481 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: You Tube Me!
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 08:48:37 PM »
From around the age of twelve, I was a massive fan of Peter Cook. This tribute by Stephen Fry, shortly after Cook's death, is just perfect.
http://youtu.be/pQrTnhkQo5k

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 09:02:43 PM »
Okay, I've buggered up the link again but you're just a click away from the video.
Peter Cook was a huge influence on me as I was growing up. Along with his partner, Dudley Moore, and the great Spike Milligan, he shaped my sense of humour and pushed me towards the career in comic strips that has given me a living.
I just love the way that Stephen Fry, with typical eloquence, has summed up Cook's life.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2011, 09:33:52 PM »
Okay, I've buggered up the link again but you're just a click away from the video.
Peter Cook was a huge influence on me as I was growing up. Along with his partner, Dudley Moore, and the great Spike Milligan, he shaped my sense of humour and pushed me towards the career in comic strips that has given me a living.
I just love the way that Stephen Fry, with typical eloquence, has summed up Cook's life.

Don't worry about cocking-up your posts, Roger. I think if you ever became efficient at this internet malarkey, I'd be quite sad. We kind of expect it from you now.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2011, 09:49:05 PM »
Here's one of my favourite skits from Life of Brian. The brilliant Michael Palin.

Malc

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 02:23:05 PM »
I just posted the same video, Peeps (now deleted) I was looking at page 1 and didn't see your contribution. It's my favourite part of L.O.B.

Malc

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 02:25:44 PM »

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2011, 05:39:26 PM »
I just posted the same video, Peeps (now deleted) I was looking at page 1 and didn't see your contribution. It's my favourite part of L.O.B.

How spooky!

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2011, 07:22:40 PM »

I am more familiar with Dudley Moore. We (parents and I) named a dog we rescued from the pound Dudley - only to find out later that she was a girl.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Max

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2011, 07:37:56 PM »
S.A.H.B. doing Delilah.  Sadly missed Alex, from me anyway.

THE SENSATIONAL ALEX HARVEY BAND - DELILAH

Joan

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2011, 02:27:22 AM »
Great pick, Malc. Love Morecambe and Wise. Just going through my YouTube favourites and if you haven't seen this one yet, Diane, you should. Makes me feel very small. Watch it full screen.

http://youtu.be/17jymDn0W6U

I'm having the same trouble as Roger! Who'd have thought it. What's changed - used to be able just to add the url and the video would appear. Tried embedding it but that didn't work either.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2011, 05:26:29 AM »
My internet speeds are not as advertised - faster than dial up when I can connect but hardly ever can I see a video streaming without mulitple stops. Also got the sales agreement in the mail and it says I can't go online using another IP address which is what I have been doing to see Doc Martin. Not happy about that.

I've got the internet blues.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Joan

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2011, 05:33:52 AM »
Yes, all to do with copyrights. etc. Lots of people do it, though. Very frustrating that you can't see material from another country.  I would still watch most of it on the telly if it was shown here anyway, and there is other stuff that isn't shown here but we're still not allowed to see it. Grrr!

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2011, 05:48:10 PM »
One of my favourite tracks ever is "Framed" by the Sensational Alex Harvey band, Max.

Also this one:

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2011, 08:42:36 PM »
I saw Alex Harvey live in Glasgow back in 1976. He was backing The Who.
Now, that WAS a concert.