Author Topic: Has anyone here NOT got a shed?  (Read 7690 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Has anyone here NOT got a shed?
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2013, 03:49:04 PM »
Facinating, I would like to see that in an urban setting, perhaps with a wheely bin out front.

I can't help but think that one resident is showing off a bit with the three wheely bins. I like saying wheely bin :-) I would have no use for one seeing that we don't have things like garbage pick up or sidewalks, but it just sounds like a wheely good invention.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2013, 04:27:23 PM »
Facinating, I would like to see that in an urban setting, perhaps with a wheely bin out front.

I can't help but think that one resident is showing off a bit with the three wheely bins. I like saying wheely bin :-) I would have no use for one seeing that we don't have things like garbage pick up or sidewalks, but it just sounds like a wheely good invention.

Here's a gag you can use for your next stand-up routine then.

Refuse collector: "Where's yer bin?"

Lady of the house: "Jamaica"

Refuse collector: "No, where's yer wheelie bin?"

Lady of the house: "I has wheelie bin to Jamaica"
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Vulture

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2013, 06:12:24 PM »

The three different bins are for general household waste, compost (garden and vegetable waste) and recycling (tins, jars, plastics).

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2013, 06:42:53 PM »
We've got four---the ones mentioned above AND one for paper and cardboard.
Nyah! Nyah!

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2013, 07:40:55 PM »
Nyah! Nyah!

I hear four wheelie bins, can anyone beat four?
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2013, 09:04:06 PM »
Nyah! Nyah!

Didn't I see a news article on some town that has a special wheelie bin for cats? I'm sure I recall a lady dumped one in a grey bin (when it should obviously been brown).

Vulture

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2013, 09:45:51 PM »
Nyah! Nyah!

Didn't I see a news article on some town that has a special wheelie bin for cats? I'm sure I recall a lady dumped one in a grey bin (when it should obviously been brown).

I think brown is for garden waste!

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2013, 09:54:58 PM »
Nyah! Nyah!

I think brown is for garden waste!

Nope. Brown for cats. They take them away and recycle them into useful things like mouse cages and hamster wheels...ah the irony.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 09:57:15 PM by Sandy Buttcheeks »