Author Topic: Musical Confessions.  (Read 17829 times)

Vulture

Re: Musical Confessions.
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2008, 05:37:10 AM »
Mine is shiny silver.

That's interesting. Now tell us about computers, as Peepmaster asked.

:D :D :D :D

Malc

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2008, 03:12:05 AM »
Pele was a great player in an era when the game was slower and many, many international sides weren't up to the standard of the Brazilians.
Cruyff was a contemporary of Pele, true, but he came later when the game became a repository of super-athletes. I still believe his personal achievements as a player were greater, though of course he never won World Cups. Pele's teammates never get the plaudits they deserve.

Don't forget, most football fans never saw Pele play except in one or two internationals they caught on TV. His reputation is based on the short grabs of wonderful stuff he did during games.

Maradona is also a great player, and if European trophies are the only yardstick, a much greater player than Pele. He was a great ball-juggler, but his real effectiveness was as a motivator for scared and volatile younger players. His goals against England in the Hand Of God game are shown time and again, but he handled one and it was actually Fenwick (o.g.) who scored the so-called Goal Of The Century (Fenwick is never likely to claim it).

I brought this latter goal up with a BBC radio presenter once live on air (I was  phone-in caller) and though he said he disagreed with me, he said he would go the archives and study the tape that night and annnounce his verdict the next day.

He did so, and admitted I was right.

I wish Maradona had played in the UK, because I think he stayed in Spain and Italy to be closer to the corruption and the drugs he needed to maintain his reputation.

Vulture

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2008, 06:21:14 AM »
This is a 'Musical Confession'?

Mince, can we have a smilie that yawns, please? Ta!

Malc

« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2008, 07:23:17 AM »
....ooh, and can we have an Off-Topic policeman smiley too, with a little hitler moustache and can you make it goose-step around and throw a stiff arm salute, and can you make it oppress lots of little Innocent Bystander smileys who are just minding their own business and talking innocently about football the beautiful game and just about to bring the thread back on to the subject anyway without the aid of vulture, thank you very much, and can you make it bash vulture with its little truncheon in a oh no i created a monster way and can you get it to moon vulture afterwards and then can you get it to yawn at vulture in a right back at you boring vulture way?

Thanks

>:(

Vulture

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2008, 07:49:15 AM »
....ooh, and can we have an Off-Topic policeman smiley too, with a little hitler moustache and can you make it goose-step around and throw a stiff arm salute, and can you make it oppress lots of little Innocent Bystander smileys who are just minding their own business and talking innocently about football the beautiful game and just about to bring the thread back on to the subject anyway without the aid of vulture, thank you very much, and can you make it bash vulture with its little truncheon in a oh no i created a monster way and can you get it to moon vulture afterwards and then can you get it to yawn at vulture in a right back at you boring vulture way?

Thanks

I wonder who got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?? ..0

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2008, 08:10:40 AM »

Thanks

Innocent Bystander? Apart from Roger, do we have some of those on this board?

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2008, 09:38:44 AM »
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Malc

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2008, 10:12:25 AM »
Not a SMILEY Hitler Smiley!

A Hitler Scowly.

Jeez.  >:(

Actually that's not a bad idea. How about a Jesus smiley?

Malc

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2008, 02:05:39 PM »
Alright then, I'll do it.

Malc

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2008, 02:06:37 PM »
Or does he look too Jewish?

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2008, 02:18:09 PM »
It looks a bit like Tarquin.

Vulture

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2008, 03:12:10 PM »
Or does he look too Jewish?

I thought that was the point!

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2008, 03:47:09 PM »
It looks like a ghost standing on a banana.

Malc

« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2008, 04:03:13 PM »
Yeah, the Holy Ghost!

Where's that bloody Woot smiley when you need it?

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2008, 04:05:32 PM »
It looks like a ghost standing on a banana.

Well, Traquin did draw Bananaman. Maybe that's the connection!