Author Topic: Which vegetable is the one you most enjoy preparing, and which is the least?  (Read 7677 times)

Malc

If you mean the bananas, yes, we grow them here in abundance. The type of banana isn't important, it's the taste. I find Aussie bananas drier and less tasty than the Caribbean types. Probably due to the soil. There was a huge campaign in Oz to develop a tastier tomato. The Australian tomatoes are much bigger than in Europe, but, like the houses on Millionaire's Row near me, with size you sacrifice taste.

Vulture

Has anyone here tried "ladies' fingers"? I think they're popular in the Far East and Tescos.

Okra? In lots of Indian dishes..... nice!

Offline The Peepmaster

That's it - "okra". I can't remember what it tasted like, but it's called dead-man's fingers, or ladies' fingers, or something like that, in remote parts of Tescos. (Tescos is a supermarket chain in the UK, Vulch.)
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Diane CBPFC

You need 50 lady's fingers to make Tiramisu

I only have had it twice - the first time was at a restaurant where is was just heavenly. The second time I picked up a frozen one for Christmas and it was like soggy old triffle.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline The Peepmaster

It's a vegetable.

Having said that - Lucy and her lad are making the pudding for tomorrow's Sunday lunch. (We always have Sunday lunch on Wednesday evenings.) The main ingredient is sweet-potato. Should I be worried..?

If an ellipsis has a question mark after it, should the ellipsis contain only two dots?

Why is life so damn complicated?

Vulture

It's a vegetable.

Having said that - Lucy and her lad are making the pudding for tomorrow's Sunday lunch. (We always have Sunday lunch on Wednesday evenings.) The main ingredient is sweet-potato. Should I be worried..?

If an ellipsis has a question mark after it, should the ellipsis contain only two dots?

Why is life so damn complicated?

Only if it's a rainy Wednesday evening and you think it could be Sunday lunch-time!

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

I went out this morning to buy a new device for slicing runner-beans. It takes the sides off them neatly, but it's still a lot of effort pushing them through.

I had spinach last night. Lately I've found that spinach leaves a little bitterness in the mouth. I'm sure it never used to be thus.

peter

I think that the booze has that effect on the pallet.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
I went out this morning to buy a new device for slicing runner-beans. It takes the sides off them neatly, but it's still a lot of effort pushing them through.

I had spinach last night. Lately I've found that spinach leaves a little bitterness in the mouth. I'm sure it never used to be thus.
The world of vegetables has certainly been unkind to you of late, Peeps. I think it's time you returned to the simple comforts of mashed potato. Hang on in there, big guy.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.

Have you noticed any involuntary bulging in any of your muscles of late, Peepsie?
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
The world of vegetables has certainly been unkind to you of late, Peeps.

It must be awful when your own turn on you.

Malc

I do think the quality of the one-liners is far superior on this forum. I wouldn't like to see it besmirched by the arrival of hordes of less witty foreigners.

Did I say that out loud?

Vulture

I do think the quality of the one-liners is far superior on this forum. I wouldn't like to see it besmirched by the arrival of hordes of less witty foreigners.

Did I say that out loud?

No - it's OK, Malc, no-one was listening!  :D :D

Offline The Peepmaster

We had sweet-potato pie for pudding, which apparently is an American dish. Very nice, but gave me indigestion all night. (Eating puddings late does that to me.)