Author Topic: Fill in the Blanks  (Read 2347 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
Fill in the Blanks
« on: April 24, 2007, 09:30:18 PM »
Complete either of these quotes from Roger Kettle.

As for the mechanics of the strip, Andrew and I have ____________ ever since we started. (This was when people ____________ in the sky and shouted "____________ !") I come up with the ____________ then ____________ them out roughly, complete with ____________ , etc. I ____________ the sketches to Andrew who then ____________  them properly, in his own ____________  way. And that's it.

A question I'm often asked is "Where do you get your ____________ from?" and the answer is ____________. I simply sit down and ____________. Because I've lived with ____________ so long, it's more a case of thinking up a ____________ and letting them ____________. This is starting to sound like ____________. Oops . . . there's the doorbell and some men in ____________ ".

Offline The Peepmaster

Re: Fill in the Blanks
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 09:53:44 PM »
As for the mechanics of the strip, Andrew and I have employed KwikFit fitters ever since we started. (This was when people looked up at birds in the sky and shouted "Who just dumped on my trilby!") I come up with the excuses to the bosses then we both sorted them out roughly, complete with "Take that, you blighters!", etc. I coloured-in, then passed the sketches to Andrew who then defaced them properly, in his own destructive way. And that's it.

A question I'm often asked is "Where do you get your gerbils from?" and the answer is Dundee Pet Shop. I simply sit down and squash them. Because I've lived with the threat of RSPCA action so long, it's more a case of thinking up a series of implausible excuses and letting them pull their hair out. This is starting to sound like complete and utter rubbish. Oops . . . there's the doorbell and some men in white coats".
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 10:10:46 PM »
That's word for word, Nige!

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 10:38:35 PM »
Excellent, Peepmaster.

By the way, your "white coats" is in fact exactly what Roger said.

Malc

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 01:00:25 AM »
As for the mechanics of the strip, Andrew and I have lied ever since we started. (This was when people chucked hubcaps in the sky and shouted "UFO !") I come up with the kittens then stretch them out roughly, complete with skins , etc. I slide the sketches to Andrew who then chokes on them properly, in his own airway. And that's it.

A question I'm often asked is "Where do you get your trousers from?" and the answer is Moscow . I simply sit down and demand. Because I've lived with alzheimers so long, it's more a case of thinking up a size and letting them out. This is starting to sound like Oprah. Oops . . . there's the doorbell and some meningitis ".