Author Topic: Malc's Manchester Coaching adventure  (Read 832 times)

Malc

Malc's Manchester Coaching adventure
« on: October 28, 2009, 04:53:17 PM »
I'm living with the in-laws in Manchester whilst I attend the Uefa B licence course. First day I nearly died. Apart from three oldies sort of like me, every participant is lightning fast, superfit and skilful. They all look and play like Joe Cole.
Day two, my legas, buttocks, lower back, in fact everywhere ached like hell. VERY painful. Ran ALL day, played about eight 25-minute games, and assisted in a couple more.
Day three. Same again. All day running. Every night hot baths and early to bed. Have not had time or inclination to see any old friends. Very weird.
Today, feel much better, as a kind of fitness has kicked in. My 53 year-old bits and pieces seem to have weathered the storm, and I was actually able to match it with the youngsters. Sometimes.
Ex Man City goalie Alex Williams came to deliver a goalkeeping seminar today.
Early night again tonight.

Probably will get no real internet time until I get back to Oz. I'm presently typing this from an Internet launderette in the city centre run by a very attractive Russian-sounding lady.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Malc's Manchester Coaching adventure
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 06:13:49 PM »
Sounds incredible, Malc---good luck with it all. Alex Williams? Wasn't he one of the first black goalkeepers in England?