Author Topic: @#!!!*G&$!!!  (Read 1166 times)

Tom

@#!!!*G&$!!!
« on: January 30, 2010, 01:52:17 AM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
BLOOMIN' POWER COMPANIES!!!

Two hours ago, myself, my neighbours and the surrounding area were plunged into darkness as the electric went. I was in the middle of Big Brother's Big Mouth when I was let down.

I waited patiently for half an hour (in the candle-light... which was nice) to see if the power would return, and it didn't. I called the emergency number from the local directory, expecting to hear a recorded message advising that a major power surge had occurred and normal service would be resumed as soon as possible. Unfortunately, the emergency number in the directory wasn't my emergency number, and instead of the recorded message, I got through to Dave asking if he could help me. It's always the case... when you need to speak to someone you get a recorded message, but when you want a recorded message, someone answers immediately. I didn't even need to press 1 for the main menu, 2 to hear the options, 1 for the main menu again, 3 for the wrong department and get the message the office was closed and to call back. I hung up on Dave without saying 'Hi'... couldn't be bothered. Instead, I nipped out to buy some food from a takeaway that still had power, and when I returned I lit several candles to enjoy my food. Before tucking in, I found the correct emergency number, and got the recorded message - the engineers were working on the power outage in my area and were changing the fuse, the power should be back by 3am. This was at 1. Just about to take my first mouthful, and the power returned. By the time I'd blown out the candles again, I'd lost interest in my food, so just picked at it.

I managed to catch the last two minutes of the show I was watching on the +1 channel, but that's no consolation when I've missed the middle.

Sorry to moan, but grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... bloomin' power companies!

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: @#!!!*G&$!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 03:40:18 AM »
If I were you I would phone the power company and ask to speak with someone who had watched Big Brother's Big Mouth last night and have them tell you what you missed.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Tom

Re: @#!!!*G&$!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 07:39:02 AM »
 ;D I might just do that!  ;D