Author Topic: Tranquil's Bathday  (Read 6623 times)

Tom

Tranquil's Bathday
« on: February 06, 2010, 08:19:13 PM »
According to the calendar, 6th February is Tranquil's Bathday.

I would have missed this as it is showing as an upcoming event on the index page.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Tranquil's Bathday
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 09:10:33 PM »
It IS Tarks' birthday and we forgot! Shame on us.
Happy 51st, mate, and I'm desperately sorry that your team was knocked out of the cup today. Fnar!
Hope you and Sam had a great day.

Vulture

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 10:23:25 PM »
Happy Birthday, Tarks. I hope you had a grand day!

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 10:39:49 PM »
Happy Birthday Tarks, and commiserations over that match.  There's always next year.

Tom

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 11:30:01 PM »
Yes, happy birthday, Tarks... it is still today after all!  :)

Diamond Lil

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 11:31:23 PM »
Phew..just made it in time..happy birthday and many happy returns

Jack

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 11:42:04 PM »
Happy Birthday!

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 11:51:26 PM »
Happy Birthday TTIII - I was so worried about Roger in the tunnel that I forgot about the calendar.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 12:16:15 AM »
Why, thanks, everybody! I am, as ever, deeply touched.

I've had an excellent day, the highlight being a trip to the moving pictures auditorium to see the latest epic yarn from Mr James Cameron, 'Avatar', in three dimensional cinematography. I admit it was not my immediate choice, and I was not expecting to wholly enjoy it from the little pre-publicity I had encountered prior to today's visit. But in truth, it was the dog's testicles, and I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it as yet. An absolutely stunning production, well worth one's pennies.

Which is more than I can say about today's Scottish Cup encounter between my own jaded St Johnstone and Roger's lucky-to-have-caught-their-opponents-three-days-after-a-hard-slog-match-at-Hampden-in-heavy-conditions-during-the-other-cup-semi-final-which-Saints-incidentally-disposed-of-The-Arabs-in-the-quarter-final-Fnar-right-back-at-you Dundee United. The better team won on the day by all accounts, although what the Liverpool score had to do with it is beyond me.

Anyway, thanks again - it's an indescribable joy to be 51.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 12:20:42 AM »
Sounds like a good day, Tarks.

Seen Avatar twice now (in 2D and then 3D).  I second your comment.

P.s.  Commiserations about the game. 

Malc

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 12:35:48 AM »
I hate all this birthday stuff, but *sigh* all right, happy birthday.

On a different note, I must admit I have been using the bottom scroll bar to knock your baby self's picture against the sides.

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 12:48:26 AM »
You're all heart, Malc. Well apart from that little gooey bit that's seeping onto the floor.
I apologise, in advance.

Joan

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 01:01:35 AM »
Ooops! Missed out by 58 mins - belated Happy Birthday, TT!  That'll learn me to go to Beau Peep last on my morning catch-ups. Bit late today as well.

Glad to hear you had a good one. Sorry about the football result, though, but it probably gave Roger a bit of a boost while he was confined to barracks.   ;)

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 03:05:19 AM »
I took the kids to see Avatar in West Edmonton Mall's IMAX theatre. It was great - the story was crap - but the show was great. My two youngest (10, 15) got a bit sea sick with the 3D - but I was fine and was able to eat an Indian supper in front of them right after (which turned out to be a parenting mistake).
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 09:58:23 PM by Diane CBPFC »
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 07:46:51 PM »
the story was crap

I kept hearing this before seeing it, Diane, and it formed most of my preconceived apprehension. But I actually thoroughly enjoyed it, predictable as the outcome may have been. I thought the initial premise was excellent, and underlying messages were spot on. But then I don't get out much.
I apologise, in advance.