Author Topic: Sookie Stackhouse for Bilthehut  (Read 14784 times)

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
Re: Sookie Stackhouse for Bilthehut
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2010, 01:31:59 PM »
Hadley was introduced as a 'friend' of the Queen in the last two episodes of Season 2.  Just have to wait now for Season 3 - and book 10 (in June).

impatient.

Feather

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2010, 01:32:59 PM »
Knowing these two, they probably went to a bar afterwards!

Bill, I finished "Touch of Dead." I really liked it. I've started "Dead in the Family." I had forgotten how violent "Dead and Gone" was:  Crystal's manner of death, those sadistic fairy twins torturing Sookie for hours, Crystal's murderer being torn apart by were-panthers.  It seemed a bit more graphic than most of the books.

Feather

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2010, 01:34:15 PM »
Hadley was introduced as a 'friend' of the Queen in the last two episodes of Season 2.  Just have to wait now for Season 3 - and book 10 (in June).

impatient.

I'm sure the television series will have a lot of Queen Sophie and Hadley scenes. Ratings, you know.  ;)

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2010, 01:36:54 PM »
At least the Maenad got her comeuppance - or at least the bull's horn (aka Sam's arm, once he became human again).

I just hope they introduce the weres into the next series.

Feather

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2010, 01:41:07 PM »
I just realized that Book 10 must not be out yet in the UK.

Surely they will put the Weres in the series. They are an integral part of the story. 

Sam did not turn into a bull in the book. The maenad was not killed in the book. She just left after the massacre.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2010, 01:43:51 PM »

No, they were playing Yahtzee with Bill, then Eric.  I think Eric has taken Bill away from Sookie, just after he proposed to her.  Might have something to do with 'taking care of the problem' he promised to the Queen, after she found out that Eric was selling V (but did not know that the Queen was supplying it to Eric).  I must re-read the books to reacquaint myself.

Bill, I finished "Touch of Dead." I really liked it. I've started "Dead in the Family." 

My copy has not arrived yet from amazon.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2010, 01:49:18 PM »
Oh, she died alright - quite graphically.  She was waiting for her god to appear and Sam was the sacrifice.  Bill delivered him to the Maenad in return for Sookie, but had arranged to save Sam before he died.

As a matter of interest, Eggs was another character misused from the book.  He came with the Maenad and was hooked up with Tara.  But in the end he was shot and killed by Jason, who saved Detective 'Belflour' from being killed by Eggs.  The Detective took responsibility for the shooting as Eggs had (while under the Maenad's influence) killed other people.

Feather

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2010, 01:49:55 PM »

No, they were playing Yahtzee with Bill, then Eric.  I think Eric has taken Bill away from Sookie, just after he proposed to her.  Might have something to do with 'taking care of the problem' he promised to the Queen, after she found out that Eric was selling V (but did not know that the Queen was supplying it to Eric).  I must re-read the books to reacquaint myself.

Bill, I finished "Touch of Dead." I really liked it. I've started "Dead in the Family." 

My copy has not arrived yet from amazon.

I meant my two friends who went to the reading.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2010, 01:59:53 PM »
That's the trouble of intermediate posts - I get confused easily.

btw, I've just peeked at the True Blood website (see previous post for link)  and Season 3 has at least one wolf in it, so they must be introducing the weres.

Feather

« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2010, 04:28:29 PM »
I read that Season 3 is going to be even more graphic than the other two seasons.

I just finished Dead in the Family and really enjoyed it. I already need my next fix of this series! Hopefully, Ms. Harris will continue the "Sookie" series for a while. I'd  like to see a quirky fluke in their hook-up to cause Sookie and Eric to have a child together -the world's first half-telepathic human/half-vamp child would be interesting.

My pacifiers while waiting for the next "Sookie" installment are Gucci Gucci Coo by Sue Margolis and Medusa by Clive Cussler.  I don't know if anyone here reads Cussler's works, but I really like his spin on historical events, technology and current issues. His later novels that he writes "with" another author are not as good and tend to be more formulaic. However, the Isaac Bell series about a detective at the turn of the 20th century America seem pretty good. The one I just read was about a bank robber/ serial killer being chased by a Pinkerton-like agent.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2010, 07:26:00 PM »
My copy of Dead in the Family has yet to arrive from Amazon.
In the meantime, I'm reading 'Going Postal' by Terry Pratchett, a great series of books.

Feather

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2010, 01:00:20 AM »
My copy of Dead in the Family has yet to arrive from Amazon.

Hasn't the book been released in the UK yet? 

It took me a while to finish Dead In the Family but that was only because I read it during my lunch hour if I did not have anything else to do during that time. I liked taking my time with it. I could savor the story more.  :)

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2010, 03:34:12 PM »
I placed the advance order on 23 April and it is due despatch on 14th, just in time for my work trip to the South of France (well, someone has to do it).  Looking forward to reading it.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2010, 11:20:08 PM »
It's arrived!  I like the dust sheet.

Feather

« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2010, 03:01:29 AM »
It's arrived!  I like the dust sheet.

Yippee!  Pop the cork on the champagne!