Author Topic: Sookie Stackhouse for Bilthehut  (Read 14937 times)

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
Re: Sookie Stackhouse for Bilthehut
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2010, 10:20:14 AM »
is it me or has this latest book become a little slower in plot.  I'm half way through and not much has happened.  Except for: another attempt on Sookie's life, two dead vampires, A were party, an unknown dead body, not much rumpy pumpy...

Feather

« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2010, 03:05:51 PM »
It is a bit quieter at first, but I like the blending of history and vampires that she used in this one.  The use of "Bubba" was funny in the other books,  but Alexei is intriguing.  Keep reading.

The only thing that was a little tiresome was that there was another were party, attempt on Sookie's life and two dead vampires. Nothing new there. Some loose ends are tied up in this book, but there is something I'm confused about.  I'll ask you about it when you finish the book.

"Rumpy pumpy?" I had to look that up. No, I guess there wasn't as much as usual, but then Eric was with his master

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2010, 11:59:31 PM »
Feather.  Just finished the book.  Not bad, but a bit bitty.  What were you confused about?  There are a number of things I'm confused about.  I think I need to re-read it.

Feather

« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2010, 03:54:11 AM »
I am confused about the fairy storyline for one thing.  Dermot was crazy and under a spell when he helped the sadistic, perverted brother and sister fairies kill Sookie's parents? 

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2010, 06:52:10 AM »
Yes, you're right, there.  I can't explain it.  It did say he had been under the influence for some time, but who put him under.  I thought it was Niall. 
Didn't Dermot finish Sookie's parents off by holding them under the water?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 06:54:18 AM by Bilthehut »

Feather

« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2010, 01:10:04 PM »
No, I think Dermot opened the car door so the two fairies could drown Sookie's parents. 

There were other things I was a little confused about in this book, but it's been a while now since I read it.  I've read one book and am reading another since I read Dead in the Family. I think adding Hadley's ex-husband and child into the mix is basically filler and somewhat unnecessary though.

I hope the Sookie series does not go the way of Lilian Jackson Braun's "Cat Who..." series - by that I mean that the later books just become quiet, little nothings, or. worse, resemble the author's first draft. Sometimes a series should wrap things up and go out on top.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 01:14:09 PM by Feather »

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2010, 01:27:45 PM »
No, I think Dermot opened the car door so the two fairies could drown Sookie's parents. 
  Yup, you are right.

I think adding Hadley's ex-husband and child into the mix is basically filler and somewhat unnecessary though.
  Concur.  CH would have to skip a few years to really make them useful.

I hope the Sookie series does not go the way of Lilian Jackson Braun's "Cat Who..." series - by that I mean that the later books just become quiet, little nothings, or. worse, resemble the author's first draft. Sometimes a series should wrap things up and go out on top.
  Don't know the series.  I'm reading Terry Pratchett's latest Discworld missive, 'Unseen Academicals' .

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2010, 01:02:41 PM »
Finished 'Unseen Academicals' - quite good - old Terry does have an imagination.
Now I can re-read the Sookie books.

Feather

« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2010, 02:49:53 PM »

I'm still reading Medusa. It's taking me longer than I expected because my lunch breaks are usually with others right now. It might be rude to whip out my book and start reading while we are in the middle of commiserating  with each other. "Hold that thought, Cynthia!  I just have to find out if Joe Zavala gets out of the bathysphere that's stuck in mud at the bottom of the ocean."

I'd like to re-read the Sookie novels, too.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2010, 05:56:09 PM »
The others obviously are not considerate enough to let you read your book.

You can borrow mine after I've read them, if you like.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2010, 12:24:05 PM »
Started the first Sookie book again and reached the part where Bill (not me - I'm not a Vampire) went all the way with Sookie.

I now realise that Sookie's cousin Hadley is mentioned in this book as well as her bad uncle.

Anyone else read the series, other than Feather or myself?  Or do you have another series of books you might recommend to the BP community?

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2010, 07:48:32 PM »
Am I imagining it or did Noddy's little car once have to go to a garage where Tessie Bear worked?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Diamond Lil

« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2010, 09:11:13 PM »
No,you're right,  that did happen but I'm wondering if that's the same time when his little car wouldn't go "parp, parp" and it was in for ages waiting for a spare parp

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2010, 09:22:52 PM »
My mind's confused. It may have been the naughty monkeys in the garage...
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2010, 10:45:25 PM »
"flobadob, little weed!"