Author Topic: When is Roger getting back?  (Read 2409 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

When is Roger getting back?
« on: October 12, 2010, 08:56:14 PM »
Because I'm having trouble with my digital camera.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: When is Roger getting back?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 11:56:00 PM »
And you want Roger to make you feel better about that?
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 04:33:05 AM »
Don't worry I came up with a solution "USB does not recognise device" "replace device" - well I thought sod that, kept the camera and ordered a new laptop.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Vulture

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 05:25:32 AM »
Don't worry I came up with a solution "USB does not recognise device" "replace device" - well I thought sod that, kept the camera and ordered a new laptop.

;D ;D

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 10:11:59 AM »
Not sure when Roger gets back. I've just sent him a text to ask. He's probably returning his hire-car right now.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Fyodor

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 06:55:47 PM »
Soon. Now go to sleep.

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 11:59:56 PM »
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 11:24:16 PM »
I'm home. Great time---will talk tomorrow.

Rob Baker

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 11:42:51 PM »
Welcome back Roger, I hope you had a great holiday. Did you go to you San Raphael?

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 12:09:14 AM »
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Vulture

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2010, 05:53:12 AM »
Welcome back, Roger! It's been really quiet without you.  :-*

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2010, 08:13:18 PM »
Well, I'm back in the real world again. Or, more precisely, back in the cartoon world. I started work again this morning after a hugely enjoyable week in Portugal. (Yes, Rob, Sao Raphael again!)
A couple of days rain didn't have any effect on the cold San Miguel beer or the several wonderful meals we had---from the best sea bass I've ever tasted to a delicious shared platter of shredded suckling pig, served with an awesome rice dish. For the rest of the week, the sun shone so I plunged my tanned, muscled torso into our  heated pool as often as possible. Having said that, I would have to add that my definition of the word "heated" is vastly different to the owners of our rented villa. Despite the hot weather, the water in the pool refused to rise above a testicle-numbing temperature but, as the cliche goes, it was fine once you were in. All in all, the five of us---me, my wife, my sister, my daughter and her partner---had a terrific time.
On one pleasantly warm evening in Albufeira, we sat outside a little bar and sipped after-dinner drinks while a Neil Diamond impersonator serenaded the entire, thronging, little backstreet. My sister (known on here as Diamond Lil) had to be physically restrained from waving her arms in the air and shouting something about being "forever in blue jeans". I know not of what she speaks.
It was a really good week.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 10:19:10 PM »
That sounds like a great holiday Roger. I wouldn't have restrained Diamond Lil though - how many chances is she going to get to meet a Neil Diamond impersonator?

Diamond Lil

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2010, 10:17:44 AM »
I was restrained from arm-waving because everyone at the table was terrifed that "Neil" would notice I was word perfect as I sang along and make his way through the assembled crowd and invite me to sing with him.  It's hard being a show off in a family of quiet, retiring people 8).  I would like to add that I was the only one drinking still water..

Malc

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2010, 11:05:27 AM »
served by your Indian waiter, Rundeep.