Author Topic: What's going on this week?  (Read 2175 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

What's going on this week?
« on: June 06, 2011, 05:24:34 PM »
I plan on doing outdoor jobs mostly this week, weeding, staining, painting, planting digging up flower beds...
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Vulture

Re: What's going on this week?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 05:52:19 PM »
I'm planning to be a taxi again! My daughter and her girlfriend are coming over from Toronto on Wednesday and there's a lot of places they've just got to see!

Fortunately, they're off to the South of France the following Tuesday so it'll be her father's turn to run them around!

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 06:56:38 PM »
I leave for a week's holiday in Portugal on the 18th so I've got a few things to do before I go. Get my work ahead, pick up some Euros from the bank, remind my wife to cut the grass etc.
As always, I'm looking forward to my break. Wife, sister, son and daughter (with boyfriend) will all be along so it should be good fun. It will be the usual mix of swimming in the pool by day and cold beer followed by seafood restaurants on the beach in the evening. During the holiday, I will reach the age of sixty.
Good grief.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 07:09:40 PM »
Both of those things sound fun. It is nice to see your own area through the eyes of a tourist - it is easy to take for granted our regular lives.

And your holiday sounds like bliss other than the bit about getting really old Roger.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 08:39:58 PM »
During the holiday, I will reach the age of sixty.
Good grief.

Don't worry about that, Roger. Sixty's just a number (albeit a pretty high one). In any case, you're not as old as you look, which is a positive.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 09:47:24 PM »
You're a smelly, girly Wolves supporter.
(I'm not great at comebacks).

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 11:17:33 PM »
Two weeks to prepare for the next meeting, this time in Athens.  Just hope they are still solvent by then.

Vulture

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 10:19:31 AM »
During the holiday, I will reach the age of sixty.
Good grief.

Will you be able to get your bus pass then, or do men have to be 65?

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 02:54:31 PM »
I am not an expert on international senior’s rights, but think he would need to be Portuguese to get a bus pass.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 03:28:09 PM »
think he would need to be Portuguese to get a bus pass.

Well he's halfway there, (or rather he will be when he's over France).
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Bog

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 04:24:49 PM »
Can I join this one? I am going to the South of England show on Friday in darkest Kent, with my deaf dog, he loves getting out, he is a collie and as he is deaf, we cant let him off the lead, the bugger wont come back if we call. Being a collie he is clever so if he sees me waving and jumping, he comes back, if he doesn't want to come back, the bugger wont look at me. feel such a fool chasing him quitely. Now you lot being dead educated and all that, creative and gorgeous, surely you have some suggestions?

Please help.

Bog

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 05:14:18 PM »
I would turn around and pretend I couldn't hear him at suppertime see how he likes it. But then I'm only gorgeous and not educated.

Vulture

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 06:12:29 PM »
I'm not a doggie person - they can all keep running as far as I'm concerned!

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 06:44:28 PM »
I DO get my bus pass, Vulch. It should help me get to the pensioners' picnics.

Vulture

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2011, 08:33:53 PM »
I DO get my bus pass, Vulch. It should help me get to the pensioners' picnics.

What's a pensioners' picnic?