Author Topic: Happy 60th Birthday Roger!  (Read 5194 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Happy 60th Birthday Roger!
« on: June 23, 2011, 02:53:52 AM »

Hope you have a fun birthday on the beach!  8)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 02:59:04 AM by Diane CBPFC »
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Vulture

Re: Happy 60th Birthday Roger!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 08:21:18 AM »
At last! You're the proud owner of a Freedom Pass....Happy Birthday, Roger!

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 09:39:56 AM »
Blinkin' flip - is it that time already?  :-\

Be right back...

« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 09:49:15 AM by Tarquin Thunderthighs lll »
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 10:08:52 AM »
Happy Birthday, Roger. Hope the holiday's going well.  8)
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 01:39:13 PM by Bilthehut »

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 01:57:21 PM »
Ah, Clare Grogan - the real babe in Gregory's Girl!

Happy birthday, old fruit!...

I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 04:03:35 PM »
Ah, Clare Grogan - the real babe in Gregory's Girl!

Happy birthday, old fruit!...

Is that how Roger dresses to play golf?

(wonderful artwork there Tarqs!)
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

lucy

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 12:01:29 AM »
Happy Birthday Roger, enjoy your holiday cheers! :)

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 09:14:58 AM »

Is that how Roger dresses to play golf?

(wonderful artwork there Tarqs!)

Yes - that's a great caricature, Tranquil. I didn't realise Roger had the Little Bighorn nickname. Perhaps it's just a girl thing.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 08:18:05 PM »
Many, many thanks everyone---with a special mention to me old mucker, Tarks. The caricature is terrific. I can't believe the time and effort you put into it (I've just found out you were in cahoots with my better half for the references) and it's much appreciated. I will be getting it printed out for a keepsake.
I had a great birthday and a great holiday. Sorry to tell all you UK residents this but I never saw a cloud in the sky all week and the average temperature was 35 degrees. Fortunately, we had a cool pool at the villa and a pubful of cold beer just along the road so I managed to combat the heat. I also managed to find an incredible book for holiday reading and I recommend it without qualification. BLUE HIGHWAYS by William Least Heat-Moon. Written in 1983, it's a non-fiction account of one man's drive around the back roads of America and the people he meets on the way. He has a glorious way with words and, at one stage, describes an old man he sees sitting on a porch in Georgia "shaking his evening paper into obedience". Well worth reading.
Okay, it's back to work tomorrow and, you know what, I don't mind at all.

Okay

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 11:37:43 PM »
My pleasure, Roger (and thanks again to Mrs K!). If you're going to print it out though, you'll need a high resolution image file, around 300 dpi, lossy compression as devised by the Joint Photographic Experts Group downloaded to your hard drive and connected via a universal serial bus cable... tell you what - I'll send you a print (which was the plan in any case).

Sadly, the downside of working entirely digitally these days means there is no original pen-on-paper drawing, but I promise to eat the master file once the print is made, so that it has a uniqueness all of its own. Either that, or I'll burn it onto a disk (don't worry - this is not as hazardous as it sounds) for you, and you can use it for many other purposes after that, including your own personal website, should you ever build one.  :-X

Glad you had cold beer and hot sun. No, really - I am!

And thanks to Diane and Peepsie for the kind comments.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 10:51:51 AM by Tarquin Thunderthighs lll »
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2011, 09:55:46 AM »
Thanks, Tarks---you had me extremely worried after reading the first few lines of your post.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 02:37:12 PM »
I like how there's a clique on here that know each other's addresses. What about the rest of us? We're hardly likely to burn down visit your home unannounced.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 02:49:18 PM »
My pleasure, Roger (and thanks again to Mrs K!). If you're going to print it out though, you'll need a high resolution image file, around 300 dpi, lossy compression as devised by the Joint Photographic Experts Group downloaded to your hard drive and connected via a universal serial bus cable... tell you what - I'll send you a print (which was the plan in any case).

Sadly, the downside of working entirely digitally these days means there is no original pen-on-paper drawing, but I promise to eat the master file once the print is made, so that it has a uniqueness all of its own. Either that, or I'll burn it onto a disk (don't worry - this is not as hazardous as it sounds) for you, and you can use it for many other purposes after that, including your own personal website, should you ever build one.  :-X

Glad you had cold beer and hot sun. No, really - I am!

And thanks to Diane and Peepsie for the kind comments.

Or you could just ask your wife to have it put on a T-shirt for you!

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2011, 02:51:23 PM »
Or you could just ask your wife to have it put on a T-shirt for you!

But then shouldn't the caricature have him wearing a t-shirt with the caricature on it?