Author Topic: A film called "Holes".  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
A film called "Holes".
« on: July 09, 2011, 06:31:33 PM »
Anyone seen this? The golf I settled down to watch this afternoon was postponed and they stuck on this film in its place. Jon Voigt, Sigourney Weaver and Henry Winkler were all in it, along with a couple of talented kids.Weird but highly watchable. I loved it.

Vulture

Re: A film called "Holes".
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 06:36:45 PM »
For the last three or four years, the book has been compulsory reading for Year 6 and 7. Most of the kids hated it; not because of the content, because it had words in it!  ..0

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 06:48:43 PM »
I fell asleep. In fact this was the first movie to which I fell asleep so its kinda special to me.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Vulture

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 06:57:41 PM »

I fell asleep. In fact this was the first movie to which I fell asleep so its kinda special to me.

;D ;D ;D

I find I often fall asleep to films. It may be because I've seen most of them before (usually in black & white!).

Malc

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 01:16:00 PM »
Yes, I've seen it, I sort of remember it, but can't remember what it was about. I think I liked it. It was that sort of film. I just remember a lot of dust?

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 04:31:11 PM »
Yes, I've seen it, I sort of remember it, but can't remember what it was about. I think I liked it. It was that sort of film. I just remember a lot of dust?

Didn't you have a guy playing a piano at the front somewhere?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 09:24:44 PM »
I am feeling chatty today - not chatty enough to talk about this movie though.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 12:19:36 PM »

Didn't you have a guy playing a piano at the front somewhere?

No, that was the Wurlitzer.  - or was it his organ.