Author Topic: 2011 Christmas Competition.  (Read 15408 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: 2011 Christmas Competition.
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2011, 07:23:13 PM »
But... but.... but... Oh, bugger - is it December already?  :(

What a shame, you didn't win the November Quiz either.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2011, 10:56:18 PM »
Mince was disqualified because he's Mince but he did give me a good laugh on the way.

How is that a valid reason? Do you know how long and hard I worked on those competition entries, only to have some annoying upstart chuck in some seriously badly photoshopped rubbish near the end and steal my prize. The sheer days of meticulous attention to detail I put into each and every entry, only to have it all dismissed as little more than "a good laugh".

Bloody competitions! I never win. Even my dad has won one and that's saying something. Bloody brussel sprouts!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Uuuuuuuuuuuurrghhhhhh! Fashing shablewadivvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv!

Why couldn't I have the prize? Why? Would it hurt you that much just to let me win this year? Look, just take another look at my entries and see the sheer genius and talent involved in each one.

Okay, fine! Let Jack win. See if I care!

It's just not fair! Robbed! I think I know what Dennis feels like every Christmas now without his bike.

And if this is some low joke about never letting me win then ...

It is, isn't it? So that's it. I see how it is.

Just don't talk to me.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2011, 11:40:12 PM »
Mince was disqualified because he's Mince but he did give me a good laugh on the way.

How is that a valid reason? Do you know how long and hard I worked on those competition entries, only to have some annoying upstart chuck in some seriously badly photoshopped rubbish near the end and steal my prize. The sheer days of meticulous attention to detail I put into each and every entry, only to have it all dismissed as little more than "a good laugh".

Bloody competitions! I never win. Even my dad has won one and that's saying something. Bloody brussel sprouts!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Uuuuuuuuuuuurrghhhhhh! Fashing shablewadivvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv!

Why couldn't I have the prize? Why? Would it hurt you that much just to let me win this year? Look, just take another look at my entries and see the sheer genius and talent involved in each one.

Okay, fine! Let Jack win. See if I care!

It's just not fair! Robbed! I think I know what Dennis feels like every Christmas now without his bike.

And if this is some low joke about never letting me win then ...

It is, isn't it? So that's it. I see how it is.

Just don't talk to me.

How about I knit you a scarf?
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2011, 11:49:46 PM »
:)

Jack

« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2011, 05:10:30 PM »
Wow, thanks a lot Roger. I feel bad that I haven't been able to contribute to the forum as much as I'd have liked to this year, mostly due to being busy with lots of tedious work-type things. But what a fantastic way to end the year, thank you very much.

I don't normally do New Year's resolutions, but this year mine is going to be to find more time to annoy you lot post on here.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2011, 06:04:52 PM »

Tell me your team colours - or maybe you too would like a Harry Potter scarf? PM me your proper name and mailing address (do not post it here as there are people here who would like to kill you) and I will get a scarf to you in about 5 months.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2011, 06:08:30 PM »
Wow, thanks a lot Roger. I feel bad that I haven't been able to contribute to the forum as much as I'd have liked to this year, mostly due to being busy with lots of tedious work-type things. But what a fantastic way to end the year, thank you very much.

I don't normally do New Year's resolutions, but this year mine is going to be to find more time to annoy you lot post on here.

As I remember you didn't annoy me at all. Which is a bit odd - there must be something the matter with you.

Jack

« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2011, 06:26:54 PM »
Oh dear. Well, there's still time.

Tell me your team colours - or maybe you too would like a Harry Potter scarf? PM me your proper name and mailing address (do not post it here as there are people here who would like to kill you) and I will get a scarf to you in about 5 months.

I'm going hazard a guess and say something more like this:

and here's a handy link to instructions.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2011, 06:39:51 PM »
I'm glad Mince took his narrow defeat so well. But what a consolation---an exclusive scarf from Haskell's Haberdashery!
Well done again, Jack. As I said in my PM to you, I'll get your prize off on Monday.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2011, 07:33:23 PM »
I'm glad Mince took his narrow defeat so well.

Don't try to make me feel better. Scarred for life!

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2011, 09:25:21 PM »
I'm glad Mince took his narrow defeat so well.

Don't try to make me feel better. Scarred for life!

If Diane gets her knitting together, you will be scarfed for life.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 11:01:39 PM by Bilthehut »

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2011, 09:44:17 PM »

I want a Harry Potter scarf.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2011, 06:43:55 PM »
I noticed that, Malky, but was too much of a gentleman to point it out. Tell you what, since you took losing so well, email me with your postal address and I'll send you a consolation prize.

Roger, I want a consolation prize as well! £200 should do it.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2011, 07:53:59 PM »
Oh, for heaven's sake, man, just email me your address.!

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2011, 11:37:58 PM »
Nah! Gone off the idea now. :)

And well done, Jack, for a deserved winning entry.