Author Topic: A drug conundrum?  (Read 4918 times)

Redundant

Re: A drug conundrum?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 04:10:33 PM »
George is not crackling at the moment as it is not raining.

One tablet in 50 ml water takes 60 seconds to stop fizzing and be fully dissolved, having been broken up into about 8 pieces and stirred.  Another unbroken tablet took 80 seconds to dissolve in 50 ml water and stirred.

The case rests, mi'lud.

Well, I may have lost a fiver having only counted four "I like bubbles" as the correct answer, but it was worth it to see such dedication, if you ever have need of a balding, slightly rotund, aging acolyte [brings own headache], let me know and I'll apply immediately [I'll even help you "move" George to a better place].

Jack

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 09:08:15 PM »
I just want to point out that I told you the correct answer early on in this topic.

I'd also like to point out that I just taught this same thing to a group of 11 year olds today, most of whom were able to predict this outcome fairly straightforwardly. I'd like to point that out, but I won't, because it would probably make you feel bad, and I'm too kind to do so.

Redundant

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2012, 09:41:34 PM »
I just want to point out that I told you the correct answer early on in this topic.

I know...

I'd also like to point out that I just taught this same thing to a group of 11 year olds today, most of whom were able to predict this outcome fairly straightforwardly.

I posted this yesterday, so not only did you ruin my chances of getting five "I like bubbles" by exciting Bilthehut's research genes...you stole my question...

I'd like to point that out, but I won't, because it would probably make you feel bad, and I'm too kind to do so.

Nope, don't feel bad at all, feel quite good, tried "Bilthehut's crushed fizzy suprise" [I named it in his honour], very nice.

Jack

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2012, 10:06:06 PM »
As a bonus tip, if you blow bubbles into it using a straw, it won't make much difference to the effectiveness of the tablets, but it's good fun nonetheless.

Also try adding different food colourings - hours of entertainment to be had.

Redundant

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2012, 10:24:22 PM »
Food colourings sounds fun but we may need to drag in Bilthehut to see if I can get a rainbow effect.  I've moved on to mixing tablets with a Gin & Tonic, doesn't cure my headache but it gets my wife drunk quicker.

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2012, 10:27:26 PM »
Try putting some tablets in a balloon filled with a little water.  Once it has inflated, bite into the balloon for a shot.

Redundant

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2012, 10:30:59 PM »
Try putting some tablets in a balloon filled with a little water.  Once it has inflated, bite into the balloon for a shot.

You're my drug guru

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 10:37:16 PM »
Red, I'm touched by your naming of the 'surprise'. 

I have just regaled t'other alf the whole post and her comment (through the pain of a sore throat and laughter) is that we are supposed to be adults on this forum.

just where does it say that!

Redundant

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2012, 10:48:11 PM »
You got me at "I'm touched;D   Suzanne and I have been married for 21 years and together for about 25 years, she just wanders into my home "office", looks at the screen, mutters something about second marriages and goes off to hit the wine rack again [which is handy because I stuck that together and it makes me a tad nervous when it actually has bottles on it...or is that in it?].

I hope your t'other half gets better I guess a sore throat and laughter is the exception to the rule of "laughter being the best medicine", try and depress her a little, it's for the best.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2012, 11:18:11 PM »
You got me at "I'm touched;D   Suzanne and I have been married for 21 years and together for about 25 years, she just wanders into my home "office", looks at the screen, mutters something about second marriages and goes off to hit the wine rack again [which is handy because I stuck that together and it makes me a tad nervous when it actually has bottles on it...or is that in it?].
I'm not quite coming up for parole yet after 33 years.

I hope your t'other half gets better I guess a sore throat and laughter is the exception to the rule of "laughter being the best medicine", try and depress her a little, it's for the best.

Depressing her at the moment has little effect in a water bed.

Redundant

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2012, 11:31:08 PM »

I'm not quite coming up for parole yet after 33 years.

I think I said depress your wife not me, that wine rack isn't going to make it another 12 days never mind 12 years

Depressing her at the moment has little effect in a water bed.

That might qualify as too much information, alternately isn't there something about a butterfly effect and ripples, if you both bounced around a little [and that's just what it says on the tin, not a euphemism] maybe you could drown France, just in the interests of science mind.

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 10:51:50 AM »
The bed is for a better sleep with less disurbance.  They now have baffles inside to minimise any wave motion or surges.  Is that toooo much info for you?

Redundant

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2012, 06:54:29 PM »
My guru has spoken, and chastised the crappy grammar, or possibly chastised me for my crappy grammar, toooooooooooo depressed for words...

Offline Bilthehut

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2012, 12:07:01 AM »
Who did wot to who?

Addendum to previous experiment.  Fully crushed two tablets in 100ml water.  30 seconds to fizzy end.  Note to self - make sure a large glass is used if I do this gain.  The bubbles are faaaast!

Redundant

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2012, 12:28:55 AM »

Addendum to previous experiment.  Fully crushed two tablets in 100ml water.  30 seconds to fizzy end.  Note to self - make sure a large glass is used if I do this gain.  The bubbles are faaaast!

Dedication is a thing of beauty.   By the way I realised my signature almost relates to your personal message [...waiting for a lift], not deliberately I might add, so we do drugs, hang around in or near lifts...finally...Daddy, I've come home  :'(

Just spotted how old you are...finally...Brother, I've come home  :'(
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 12:31:42 AM by Redundant »