Author Topic: Anyone like old cars?  (Read 3643 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Anyone like old cars?
« on: June 22, 2013, 10:57:15 PM »
I went to the local "Show 'n Shine" today to see and photograph old cars with the photography club (which today seemed to be just me and Norm). I would guess about one third of the cars were owned by people from town and the rest drove in - some 100s of KMs.

Here are some of me photies: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151684361634761.1073741829.545294760&type=1&l=0f1e5561e4
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Diamond Lil

Re: Anyone like old cars?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 07:35:58 AM »
It looks great fun.  I would have been happy to keep you and Norm company.
Relieved to see you don't seem to be suffering the way they have in Calgary.

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 03:28:54 PM »
Good pics, Diane. I always wondered what happened to Chitty Chitty Thingumabob.

I don't know if I should admit this, but being an anorak of sorts, I was actually trying to find out what car the last one was...it being the ZZ Top looking machine. Had a brain wave and realised it might be one of those KM's you mentioned that there were 100's of. Yeah, I know...duh.  :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 04:22:42 PM »
I have never stopped in at a car show before - being in a photography club stretches your interests. I liked how the sun sparkled off the chrome in a lot of the shots. (I started up a casual once a month photography club at the library - we normally get about 6 people on a shoot).

This was the cool new thing I learned to do last night (thanks in part to our very own Bill the Hut)
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 04:57:18 PM »
So your photography club consists of just Norm and Not-Norm?  ;D
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 07:20:00 PM »
Loved the moon, Diane. Thanks for my new desktop.  (Cheque's in the post).   ;)

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 08:30:47 PM »
Glad you liked it Sandy B.

Recipe for this moon shot: 1/250; f5.6 ISO 100 tripod and button shutter release. (Should have been f11 but somehow it went back to f5.6)

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 10:43:43 PM »
Glad you liked it Sandy B.

Recipe for this moon shot: 1/250; f5.6 ISO 100 tripod and button shutter release. (Should have been f11 but somehow it went back to f5.6)

Excuse the ignorance Diane, but I'm presuming the above means that you didn't use a digital camera, but a good old-fashioned filmy one? I am about to purchase a camera, but I'm embarrassed to say that my criteria is totally to do with whether it will fit in my pocket or not. The lumix FS50 is winning so far.   :-[

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 11:28:11 PM »
Mine is digital too. It is my first “real” camera, it’s a Cannon T2i – it does loads of things with auto buttons… but not moon shots – for that I had to learn to use the manual settings.  The nice things about these cameras are the zoom and macro lenses that you can put on them and the fun little extra things you can do. However, it is better to have a camera that can do 90% of the stuff, which you can carry in your pocket than a bulky one that you leave at home. These new tiny cameras are awesome too.

Egg

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 07:38:05 AM »
Nice cars and love the photos.  8)

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 04:25:20 PM »
Thanks Egg, I'm glad I got that moon shot a day early as it was so cloudy here last night I couldn't see the "super moon".

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 12:34:46 AM »
I got some great seagull photos this week - yes we are thousands of miles from the sea (they only summer here). These were in a city parking lot while waiting for a movie, they were very friendly and willing to pose as long as the bits of pizza kept coming.  :)

Diamond Lil

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2013, 06:03:55 AM »
The detail of the feathers is amazing...they sure must like pizza ;)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013, 07:53:26 AM »
Seagulls. Neil Diamond Avatar.

Is one of the gulls Jonathan Livingston?

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 09:06:03 AM »
Seagulls. Neil Diamond Avatar.

Is one of the gulls Jonathan Livingston?

No. But the other one is.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟