Author Topic: A dead cat.  (Read 6981 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: A dead cat.
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 09:55:48 PM »
Update on the surviving cat. Since the death of her sister, she has become doubly annoying. She wanders around the house, demanding food, attention and generally making a racket. Despite having a pillow-lined basket and several warm radiators to lie beside, she has decided that our bed is the only place good enough for her. The door of our bedroom doesn't close properly so she's worked out that a quick swipe at it does the "Open Sesame" bit. I'm working on two options. I either booby-trap the carpet in front of our bedroom or challenge the annoying git to a fist fight. (I prefer the latter as cats aren't known for their bare-knuckle fighting ability). I'll let you know how it goes.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2015, 10:07:30 PM »
Third option is the couch, Roger. If you're fortunate, it'll be the cat sleeping there, but...
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2015, 11:13:31 PM »
Plasters are in the third drawer of the kitchen cabinets.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2015, 09:08:02 PM »
 :)

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2015, 09:26:02 AM »
The grit strikes again! This is Rubik - he had eleven good years before picking a fight he could not win, with a speeding vehicle two nights ago, on the main road through the village not far from our home. Thankfully found and returned to us by a kindly neighbour, for a 'gritty' burial in our back garden.

I'd never owned (?) a cat before Rubik, and he converted me from being a confirmed canine fan. So much so, that I'll almost certainly go back to dogs if we get another pet. He was a one-off!

Farewell, Furrball!

I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2015, 09:47:57 AM »
Sorry to hear that, Tarks. Er...would you like a 19 year-old replacement cat?

Sandy Buttcheeks

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2015, 09:58:59 AM »
It's amazing how quickly a pet becomes a family "member". We have a 6 month old Bijon pup, our first family pet, and he has already stolen my space on the couch. Little scamp. Hope he lasts forever.

Sorry to hear, Tarks.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2015, 10:07:27 AM »
Sorry to hear about that, Tarks. I bet that wasn't the best of days. So why not start again with a cute kitten?

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2015, 01:09:58 AM »
Thanks, chaps.

A little too soon to be thinking in those terms, Agent Coulson and Roger, but thanks for the suggestion/offer. I intend to wallow in self-pity and grief for several weeks at least before even considering any possible future addition to this household, and even then, as I've said, I think it will be canine rather than feline.

Or maybe a tortoise.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2015, 11:57:56 AM »

I had to take my partner's cat to the vet to be put down, as she was getting too old to take care of even the basic cat stuff. She wasn't eating, was deaf, had no teeth, cried all the time and had started pooing all over the place.

I admire you for sticking with a partner with so many unusual problems. Must be embarrassing in restaurants.

What was wrong with the cat?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2015, 05:38:38 AM »
Sorry to hear about Rubik, Tarks.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad