Author Topic: Coincidences of the Remarkable Kind.  (Read 2669 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Coincidences of the Remarkable Kind.
« on: August 08, 2007, 09:59:48 PM »
I don't think I've told these stories before but forgive me if I have.
A few years ago, I was playing golf with a friend on a course near Dundee. He had been in and out of the rough and, on the 8th green, conceded the hole and asked me to pick up his ball. I did so and looked at it. There was a logo on the ball and the words "Briarwood Golf Club, Billings Montana". I couldn't believe it and asked him where he had got the ball. It turned out that he had been playing the course a couple of days earlier, had found the ball and stuck it in his bag. As most of you know, Billings, Montana is just about my favourite place on earth. Outside of Scotland, Briarwood Golf Club is the only place in the world I have played golf. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up.

About 15 years ago, I was on holiday with my wife and family in the Highlands. I bought a book by Tom Shields, a compilation of his columns for The Glasgow Herald. The kids were in bed and my wife announced she was bored. I jokingly asked if she wanted me to read to her from my book and she, also jokingly, said "yes". I started reading from the point of the book I had reached----the column was about my wife's father! Neither of us knew that her father had been featured in the author's columns and I had NEVER read anything out loud to my wife before. Or since.
Got any spooky coincidences?

Tom

Re: Coincidences of the Remarkable Kind.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 10:08:46 PM »
It's synchronicity, Roger!

I experience loads of coincidences everyday, and you are right... they are remarkable!

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 10:11:44 PM »
Bugger me! I was just this minute going to start a topic on coincidences. That's spooky!

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 10:14:47 PM »
It is spooky, Roger. Maybe there ate greater things than us out there that we will never understand.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

peter

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 10:38:36 PM »
It is spooky, Roger. Maybe there ate greater things than us out there that we will never understand.
I see that Poops have found a spell check like what I've got.
Oorokoo

Malc

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 04:35:01 AM »
I have two Tom Shields compilations on my shelf in Wellington Point, Brisbane.
Proof: One contains a photo which has a chalkboard outside a cafe. It says (something like) "Free Orgasm With Every Meal. - orgasms on a self service basis".

Wouldn't it be spooky if that example was next to the example that Roger just quoted?