Author Topic: Off on holiday  (Read 9204 times)

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Off on holiday
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2016, 06:41:33 PM »
And very early death. The evidence suggests at least 14 years.

How on Earth does anyone know when anyone else is due to die, until they're terminally ill? And that 14 years will, by definition, be the last 14 years of your life. I'd be a bit miffed if I was going to miss 14 of the early years, when I was young and fit enough to have loads of fun, but the last 14...? Meh.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2016, 08:51:04 PM »
The book is over 550 pages long. I tore off the hundred or so pages of references before I came here. It's actually great fun to read. I thought I might just be able to dismiss much of it as quackery or new-age tree-hugging hippy crap. But there's only a hundred years of studies numbering in the hundreds of thousands that all provide overwhelming evidence that meat, eggs, fish, milk and dairy cause harm and offer nothing else.
A little distance back from the beach in Albufeira is a restaurant called Aquario. About a hundred yards to the left of it is a tiny corner bar with really comfortable seats outside. Go there and have three large Sagres beers. After that, go back to the Aquario and order either the grilled sea bass or the steak Portuguese-style. Drink wine with your choice. I'm not a pudding or ice cream man but I recommend you have both and finish off with a white coffee and large liqueur. Ceremoniously set fire to that book you're reading with the match you used to light your cigar and enjoy your holiday.

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2016, 01:59:54 AM »
Sage and eloquent advice.
I apologise, in advance.

Diamond Lil

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2016, 10:46:17 AM »
Don't know how I managed to miss this topic until now but oh my!

There are times when I fear for you Mince, I really do.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2016, 01:51:58 PM »
Sage and eloquent advice.

I was actually with him right up to the point where what he said flew against hundreds of years of rational scientific study and overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2016, 01:54:00 PM »
There are times when I fear for you Mince, I really do.

I've actually been joking the whole time. This is just my sneaky way of getting you all to start smoking joints and taking heroin.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 02:00:19 PM by Mince »

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2016, 05:04:45 PM »
It worked, man.  8)
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2016, 02:29:20 PM »
I just bought a giant bottle of vitamins for people over age 50 with 365 pills in the bottle (not sure just what you are supposed to do in a leap year) - got them at Costco which is a giant warehouse store. Anyway they only cost 3 cents each or that would be one and a half of your pennies and they are HUGE like a pill you would feed to a horse.

If I feel wonderful a year from now, I will be sure to let you know as this seems an easier way to get fit than reading books.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2016, 02:43:50 PM »
Just make sure you read the studies showing that supplements often don't have the health benefits of whole foods with the same vitamins etc.

Diamond Lil

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2016, 03:29:02 PM »
We agree on something  ;)

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2016, 03:46:00 PM »
Whatever you do, folks, don't read this year's Doctor Who annual. There's these things called Daleks. It'll scare you sh*tless!  :o
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2016, 04:07:49 PM »
A little distance back from the beach in Albufeira is a restaurant called Aquario. About a hundred yards to the left of it is a tiny corner bar with really comfortable seats outside. Go there and have three large Sagres beers. After that, go back to the Aquario and order either the grilled sea bass or the steak Portuguese-style. Drink wine with your choice. I'm not a pudding or ice cream man but I recommend you have both and finish off with a white coffee and large liqueur. Ceremoniously set fire to that book you're reading with the match you used to light your cigar and enjoy your holiday.

Is this the bar?

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2016, 06:17:15 PM »
No, that ain't it. It's on a corner with big, comfy seats outside. It's usually quiet because it's behind the main drag.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2016, 09:10:42 PM »
The Aquario is right under our apartment block, literally around the corner from the Irish Pub whose loud live late music has been keeping us up.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2016, 09:08:06 AM »
You're not really a photographer, are you?