Author Topic: Dogs  (Read 13667 times)

Calypso

Re: Dogs
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2007, 11:43:16 PM »
Changing the subject from the sublime (feeding Mince to the dogs) to the ridiculous:

Today at work, I saw a woman pushing what I thought was a pink, net-covered baby-carriage. Inside, however, was a Maltese dog lapping from a little bowl. 

peter

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2007, 12:13:17 PM »
Changing the subject from the sublime (feeding Mince to the dogs) to the ridiculous:

Today at work, I saw a woman pushing what I thought was a pink, net-covered baby-carriage. Inside, however, was a Maltese dog lapping from a little bowl. 
Used to  see a lady take a German Shepherd in a four wheeled cart. it had something wrong with its back legs but she still took it walks.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2007, 12:27:15 PM »
There's a three-legged dog on this island. It catches the bus down to near Port Bannatyne. Always knows where it's stop is and stands by the bus doors in anticipation.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Calypso

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2007, 02:07:50 PM »
There was nothing wrong with this dog. It was her "baby," I guess. The only thing worse would have been if it had been dressed as a baby. What made it even more ridiculous was that this woman was pushing the doggy-carriage around a very nice store. The woman was rather snobby to people who stopped to look, too.  Well, what did she expect? If you choose to look like an idiot pushing around a pink doggy-carriage then expect people to stop and stare.

Joan

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2007, 01:22:55 AM »
He looks very distinguished, Joan. Does he like mince?

How dare you try to poison that gorgeous Labrador by trying to feed it Mince

I'm sure that if Mince was cooked properly, then well minced, the dog would be able to handle it!
My dogs have not so far been able to.

He's a lab - he'll eat anything as long as it smells.

Joan

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2007, 01:41:32 AM »
There was nothing wrong with this dog. It was her "baby," I guess. The only thing worse would have been if it had been dressed as a baby.

I think the worst thing I've seen was in a German restaurant where this lady had a pekingese on her lap which was eating off the same plate as she was. Yeugh!

peter

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2007, 06:55:36 AM »
There was nothing wrong with this dog. It was her "baby," I guess. The only thing worse would have been if it had been dressed as a baby.

I think the worst thing I've seen was in a German restaurant where this lady had a pekingese on her lap which was eating off the same plate as she was. Yeugh!

It takes all sorts.