Author Topic: has every body died out there and I slept though it.  (Read 4217 times)

peter

has every body died out there and I slept though it.
« on: September 10, 2007, 12:01:31 PM »
well

Vulture

Re: has every body died out there and I slept though it.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 12:08:37 PM »
As far as I know, I'm still alive. ;)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 02:18:33 PM »
Alive but busy. Will try to be more active later.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 03:18:02 PM »
I'm busy too, but apart from a couple of cartoons I have to do, I'm mainly trying to get loads of stuff together to send to the accountant. End of year stuff that's always a pain. Plus I have my youngest son coming up tomorrow for 2 days, and I'm getting the house straight!

There's a lot of what I call "women's work" to be done - cleaning the bathroom etc., but Lucy's at work, so I'm not sure if and when she'd fit it in. It's a bit stressful. She doesn't live with me so don't get the wrong idea. I'm still evaluating her in that respect, but we get on well and I've known her just over a year now. Hopefully the overall assessment will be good. I have to bear in mind she's 15 years younger than me, so I realise I'm a lucky boy. I've told her that, adding "beggars can't be choosers", so she doesn't feel as insecure as she maybe once did. We shall see. I have stopped eying-up other women so that's a positive sign I suppose.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Vulture

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 03:41:11 PM »
I would like to know what 'woman's work' is. Is it work you do whilst wearing a skirt, high-heels and lipstick? Or is it demeaning work that men only do as a last resort when there are no women around to do it?

Please think carefully before you answer.  :-*

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 03:45:25 PM »
I would like to know what 'woman's work' is. Is it work you do whilst wearing a skirt, high-heels and lipstick? Or is it demeaning work that men only do as a last resort when there are no women around to do it?

I do loads of women's work all the time. I wash-up, cook meals, put the washing machine on, peg the washing out. I also do my own shopping and bath myself, obviously. I'm not that keen on the cleaning duties side of thing, that's the main trouble. It may be demeaning, but it doesn't mean I'm not appreciative once it finally gets done.

Vulture

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 03:54:00 PM »
Why is it women's work? You eat the food, dirty the clothes, dirty the house, etc., why should any gender have to be responsible?

But you still didn't answer my question: do you do what you consider 'women's work wearing high-heels, etc. I just want to get a picture in my mind....... ;D

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 04:12:40 PM »
No - you're confusing me with Tarquin!

peter

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 04:41:18 PM »

Women's work is that which we know how to do but know that however we do it we will be told we did it wrong.

P.s, I thought of the Survivors series when nobody posted yesterday.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 06:18:55 PM »
I'm a bit concerned Vulture because I think you may be getting the wrong idea about me. I think pretty much ALL forms of work are important and useful, not just what I casually refered to as "women's work". I maybe shouldn't have used that expression, because you immediately thought of it as just menial tasks. That's not the case - many are extremely important.

I was actually chatting to a guy at the weekend about the way people do different jobs. I have a small house being renovated, and I'd explained that I'd actually got a proper builder doing the work, while I was overseeing things as a whole. I went on to say how society wouldn't function if we all were good at the same thing. We need the variety and huge range of people-skills for society to work. Just think about it. Some teach, some plan engineering schemes, some put those schemes into action and develop the results. We have doctors, surgeons, and then we have those that sweep our streets, mend our cars, drive buses etc. But we also need those women to tidy up and help. I take my proverbial hat off to them, especially the gorgeous ones.

Online Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 06:30:54 PM »

I'd like to see any woman wear what I wear when I'm hoovering.

No, really. I would.
I apologise, in advance.

Vulture

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 06:46:33 PM »

I'd like to see any woman wear what I wear when I'm hoovering.

No, really. I would.

Tarquin, are you one of those men who do housework with just a pinny and a feather duster?

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 06:49:04 PM »
Try kilt and hoover!

peter

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 09:38:41 PM »
Try kilt and hoover!

Were does he wear the hoover.