Author Topic: The pub.  (Read 4190 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: The pub.
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2020, 03:26:42 AM »
Here is a view of my veggie garden.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2020, 11:19:14 AM »
That's my kind of garden!  (y)

Those poppy things aren't easy grow.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2020, 06:09:29 PM »
Did you miss out a to or a hyphen?

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2020, 04:30:52 AM »
That's my kind of garden!  (y)

Those poppy things aren't easy grow.

Thanks Tarqs! I have been trying to grow them for years, I have got them started and growing before, but this is the first year they have got to the blooming stage for me. I just went down to the garden to look at them again :-) 
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2020, 09:18:16 AM »
Poppies, eh? Do the RCMP know about this?

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2020, 08:22:52 PM »
Poppies, eh? Do the RCMP know about this?

Not unless YOU tell 'em.

Offline Max

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2020, 08:11:53 PM »
Diane, keep schtum about the poppies, these are mine.  :)

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2020, 04:08:34 PM »
Diane, keep schtum about the poppies, these are mine.  :)

(y)

Offline Bilthehut

• Really, real person (but not blue)
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2020, 04:32:28 PM »
Sunny Evesham is quiet and calm.  We have been self isolating since 2012 so no difference.  Sorry, that should have been boring stay-at-home anti-social buggers. As we are lucky not to be working but retired, the main problems with the COVID saga is passing us by.  We don’t go out much anyway and certainly not to the not-so-local local.  We did not feel any different during the main isolation stage here.  I still went to the supermarket (Tesco) once a week, and maybe another trip into town for other things.  No problem.  DIY tasks, and some minor hobbies have kept us sane.  We didn’t hoard any loo rolls but had enough to cover the 6 weeks that there were none on the shelves. Money still came in.  The only bad part was not being able to hug the daughter who was working from home and alone (with a GSD and two Siamese).  She stopped off weekly to talk outside the house until ‘bubble time’ arrived.

The wife did not leave the house for over 5 weeks as I did any shopping.  Her first ‘road trip’ was to the recycling tip with me, queuing for an hour to get rid of a load of stuff we had hoarded.

Now that we can do more outside, Ruth has made lots of tech masks for the family to wear (makes a difference to my military respirator).  We have ventured out shopping for essentials and are calmly enjoying life [while fuming at the covidiots massing at pubs, beaches etc]. We have no intention to mix with anyone not essential.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2020, 06:46:10 PM »
Glad to hear you're all well, Bill.
Yes, there's been a lot of idiocy around and I can't say it's come as a surprise. When society is locked down for months, there is bound to be a reaction, particularly among the young. We may well be dealing with localised outbreaks of the virus for a long time to come.