Author Topic: Gatherings  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Gatherings
« on: October 01, 2020, 07:00:48 PM »
Since covid we have only had one funeral (from home online viewing) and one upcoming wedding. Limited guests, masks etc

Have any of you guys attended covid events?

Seems like a lot of trouble for those hosting them.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Gatherings
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 09:43:28 AM »
The rules in the UK are extremely confusing. Not only do they vary from country to country but also from region to region. Here in Scotland, funerals can be attended by no more than twenty mourners. Over the past six months, I've lost four friends (none to Covid), but I wasn't at any of the funerals.
I can't imagine what a wedding would be like in the current climate.
"You may now take your mask off and kiss the bride".

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 11:40:50 AM »
I can't imagine what a wedding would be like in the current climate.
"You may now take your mask off and kiss the bride".

I can't imagine what it would be like to have a wedding only to discover later that some of those who attended went on to die because they caught Covid.

Nope. No gatherings for me.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 05:30:25 AM »
Well we risked it because it was a nephew - the ceremony was outside and the guests limited to 100. Not many of us wore masks because this is redneck Alberta. I hope I don't catch it, I used a lot of hand sanitizer.

I used this old photo for the gift card

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Max

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 06:53:43 PM »
I laughed at the card Diane, pity that a Slinky had to die in the making of it.  (*nono*)