Author Topic: When will things be back to normal for you?  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
When will things be back to normal for you?
« on: January 12, 2021, 06:25:19 PM »
So at what point are you going to consider life back to normal, and when do you next intend to venture out more?

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: When will things be back to normal for you?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 07:27:33 PM »
In Alberta, things aren't likely to be back to normal until the fall and that was assuming that people would get the vaccinations - Alberta is polling as the province in Canada with the most people not willing to take the shot which will drag things out longer and effect things like tourism.

Our Christmas lockdown was extended until the 21st and could be again, however schools went back yesterday. It is hard on so many people not getting out and mixing.   

Personally, I have been living the life of a hermit miles from town with few social connections for years - all this talk about how miserable life is on "lock down" makes me wonder if I should be more sociable when this is over.   
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 08:52:39 PM »
Personally, I have been living the life of a hermit miles from town with few social connections for years - all this talk about how miserable life is on "lock down" makes me wonder if I should be more sociable when this is over.

In Scotland, we have been through two extremely divisive referendums over the past decade (Independence 2014, Brexit 2016) and healing is still going on. I have no problem with anyone who voted on any side of each of the votes. But I'm not sure if I could trust myself if I ever find myself alone in a confined space with any of the militant Covid Deniers I've encountered online recently. I think for my sake, and theirs, I should never be allowed out of Lockdown again.

I have no idea what a 'normal life' is.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 06:51:01 PM »
I can't see "normality" returning in the foreseeable future. The vaccines will, of course, help (my 98 year old mother-in-law was inoculated yesterday) but it will be a long time before restrictions can be eased significantly. I hope I'm wrong. I miss stuff!

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 11:42:15 PM »
I can't see "normality" returning in the foreseeable future. The vaccines will, of course, help (my 98 year old mother-in-law was inoculated yesterday) but it will be a long time before restrictions can be eased significantly. I hope I'm wrong. I miss stuff!

By "I miss stuff", you mean Dundee United? 🤔😀
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 09:29:40 AM »
I miss watching them get stuffed...

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2021, 12:25:37 PM »
I miss watching them get stuffed...

😂😂😂🧡🖤
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Max

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2021, 07:05:12 PM »
I won't feel things are back to normal until deaths are down to a handful a week or even less.
When the latest vaccine can actively shift to kill the virus once it mutates (as it will).

I had a text message from GOV.SCOT today telling me I would be offered my first vaccine dose by mid February.
As my immune system is affected now, I just wonder how it will affect me.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2021, 07:11:36 PM »
I won't feel things are back to normal until deaths are down to a handful a week or even less.
When the latest vaccine can actively shift to kill the virus once it mutates (as it will).

I had a text message from GOV.SCOT today telling me I would be offered my first vaccine dose by mid February.
As my immune system is affected now, I just wonder how it will affect me.

Well you have a month to build yourself up and continue to avoid people, so it is good to get such a long notice. Hope it goes well for you.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2021, 07:41:15 PM »
Yes, ditto, Max.