Author Topic: Saturday's Global Bird Count  (Read 818 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Saturday's Global Bird Count
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 06:28:06 PM »
Enjoy, Diane---sounds like fun. I would imagine you have some really interesting birds where you live. I think I'll give it a miss. Writing down "pigeon" and "sparrow" all day might get a tad tedious...

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 01:41:45 AM »
Enjoy, Diane---sounds like fun. I would imagine you have some really interesting birds where you live. I think I'll give it a miss. Writing down "pigeon" and "sparrow" all day might get a tad tedious...

I am hoping to do a 45 min drive up the road to a bird sanctuary - but it's forecast raining and there is a warning that the board walks up there are under water with unusually high lake water. 

Pigeons are much underrated - beautiful birds :-) 
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 03:58:42 PM »
We did drive up to the bird sanctuary and it was cold and wet and the parking was chained off due to the flooding. Hubby saw at least 4 types of ducks in puddles in the ditches on the drive up but we ended up not doing the paperwork for the bird count.

Maybe next year...