Author Topic: Festive greetings!  (Read 1154 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Festive greetings!
« on: December 23, 2021, 08:47:57 PM »
I wish you all the merriest Christmas and the happiest New Year you can have in these strange times. Let's all hope there are more pleasant days ahead. I really appreciate every single one of you who has stuck with this silly little site. Have a great time and feel free to post photos of any festive nonsense you get up to!
Merry Christmas!
Roger.

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Festive greetings!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 10:38:41 PM »
Thanks Roger,

I would like to wish you and everyone here a lovely Christmas, we are not as chatty as we used to be but it is nice that there is a little corner of the web that is "home" to visit whenever we like.

I am just starting Christmas baking today. Not sure what happens to the days or the the hours as they whizz by. 

My favourite thing I have done this year is buy new flannel sheets in anticipation of my three grown children coming home. The roads are bad and the temperatures are low (they say it could be the coldest Christmas in 50 years) so it is not certain they will all make it - but Christmas is more of a feeling than a date on a calendar and that feeling can be stretched out if needed, why sometimes I stretch that feeling out all year long.

Happy Hols everyone!

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2021, 10:20:00 AM »
Three different teddies? They'll only argue over them.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2021, 01:14:31 AM »
Wonderful!

It's late, I need to get to sleep before Santa arrives. So Merry Christmastides all round, and here's my card that I only finally managed to finish just a few hours ago...

https://youtu.be/QKXPgCb1l3A

« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 01:18:55 AM by Tarquin Thunderthighs lll »
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2021, 09:41:00 AM »
Thanks, yet again, Steve, for the annual treat. Absolutely brilliant, as usual.

Offline Max

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2021, 11:35:42 AM »
Merry Christmas everyone, I hope Santa has been good to you all.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2021, 04:32:33 PM »
It is very cool to see all the steps that go into drawing a cartoon, lots of build up then a magic transformation happens that brings it to life - brilliant one Tarqs

It has been super cold here all over the province, I think most people are staying indoors as much as they can - except my hubby who has to feed cows and also got called into work for a burst water pipe yesterday. But there is no sound of the neighbours whizzing by on snowmobiles for fun as there normally is on the hols.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2021, 06:43:13 PM »
Diane, that's an unbelievable swing of temperatures between your summer high and what you're experiencing now. Just incredible.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2021, 11:40:59 PM »
Diane, that's an unbelievable swing of temperatures between your summer high and what you're experiencing now. Just incredible.

We had nothing but trouble with the vehicles and tractor yesterday due to the cold and kids trying to drive home (one ended up taking my car), we were the second coldest location on the planet.  We do have three days of mild weather forecast for the weekend so that will help. It is just about survival at these temps.