Author Topic: New Year  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

New Year
« on: January 05, 2022, 07:10:52 PM »
We are still in our severe cold snap - I bundle up and clear the pathway and get back inside as quick as I can. The birds are puffed up trying to stay warm.

It is hard for anyone to say what they may do this year as covid rules keep changing and it never seems to end. I guess you can say what you perhaps may do if they are things at home.

Last year I made a big effort to finish books I started and listened to a lot of them as audio books when I did household chores and gardening. I don't imagine I will ever get through so many books again (120) in one year and don't normally count. It was interesting to save the cover pages and make a poster. Already some I remember in great detail and some I almost have forgotten what they were about.

I put away the decorations but kept the sparkly stars on the fireplace to add some magic to this cold January.

So what are you guys doing? Reading? Watching?
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: New Year
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2022, 10:31:13 AM »
Well, it's certainly not as cold here in Scotland as it is with you, Diane, but it's the usual depressing January stuff. A couple of degrees above freezing with flurries of sleet and snow. The seemingly endless Covid situation isn't helping to lift the spirits and, two years on, the "experts" are still divided over the best approach. I've given up trying to work out what the current restrictions are so I've taken to wearing a suit of armour with an oxygen tank strapped to my back. It's a bit tricky getting on the bus but so be it.
On the plus side, I've read every book ever written and am now fluent in Bulgarian, Mandarin and Jamaican patois so it's not all bad.
Happy 2022, everyone!

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2022, 06:01:04 PM »
Well, it's certainly not as cold here in Scotland as it is with you, Diane, but it's the usual depressing January stuff. A couple of degrees above freezing with flurries of sleet and snow. The seemingly endless Covid situation isn't helping to lift the spirits and, two years on, the "experts" are still divided over the best approach. I've given up trying to work out what the current restrictions are so I've taken to wearing a suit of armour with an oxygen tank strapped to my back. It's a bit tricky getting on the bus but so be it.
On the plus side, I've read every book ever written and am now fluent in Bulgarian, Mandarin and Jamaican patois so it's not all bad.
Happy 2022, everyone!

Have you thought of getting a motorized scooter? You could yell ????????! if Bulgarian tourists get in your way.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2022, 07:27:20 PM »
What? It's started? Nobody tells me anything. :(
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2022, 09:51:24 PM »
What? It's started? Nobody tells me anything. :(

There was cheese and crackers.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2022, 09:53:30 PM »
I have been taking puffy bird pics while I can - things should be warming up next week :-)

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2022, 12:46:42 PM »
Love that bird and its quizzical look, Diane. That was me when you told me 2022 had begun.
I apologise, in advance.