Author Topic: Summer  (Read 1976 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Re: Summer
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2022, 08:05:43 AM »
Tarqs your Banff looks wonderful - sea and beaches and all those lovely historic buildings - well worth the drive :-)
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2022, 01:00:00 PM »
Not quite as picturesque as your Banff, Diane (which looks absolutely stunning!), but I would hazard a guess that there are more bears in Aberdeenshire. :D
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2022, 05:43:43 PM »
The Alberta Banff is only an hour's drive from a major city, Calgary, so gets lot of local day trippers as well as a the campers/hikers and foreign tourist busses to it gets very crowded.

Your Banff looks very appealing to me - long beaches and not so many people.   
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2022, 09:54:37 PM »
You should see it on a balmy Summer's day (anything over 12 degrees Celsius). The numbers on the beach can often reach double figures!
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2022, 05:04:23 AM »
You should see it on a balmy Summer's day (anything over 12 degrees Celsius). The numbers on the beach can often reach double figures!

:-) Imagining people with knee-length Victorian swimmers.