Author Topic: Here's to you!  (Read 934 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Here's to you!
« on: September 30, 2022, 09:55:18 AM »
After three years, my wife and I will be heading to the sun tomorrow for a week-long holiday. I'm particularly pleased for my wife who bears the main responsibility of looking after her 100-year-old mother, a wonderful, remarkable woman but who, understandably, requires a fair amount of care. My wife's sister has arrived from England to take up the reins.
So, it's a week of sun, swimming, cold beer and Portuguese cuisine.
Cheers, all!

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Here's to you!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 02:56:19 PM »
I hope you all have a truly splendid week, Roger, including your remarkable Mother-in-law!

I'll pop over for a three-hour coffee and slide-show once you get back...
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2022, 04:22:20 PM »
Happy Hols!
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2022, 04:32:18 PM »
If you find yourself in Albufeira on the beach, near that Aquario restaurant you like so much, and you see a lone blue canvas shoe washed up on the sand, that's mine.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 12:11:38 AM by Mince »

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2022, 07:54:31 PM »
Well, I looked and looked for days, Mince, but to no avail. Could you let me know if it was the right or the left shoe? This will help narrow the search on my next visit.
I had a really nice break with temperatures between the mid and high twenties all week. A warm swimming pool and several cold beers. I could get used to that.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2022, 12:03:24 AM »
Glad you had a nice holiday Roger with the liquid temperatures within and without just right.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2022, 09:00:32 AM »
Could you let me know if it was the right or the left shoe? This will help narrow the search on my next visit.

Exactly how many washed-up shoes did you find?

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2022, 09:47:14 AM »
Too many to count. I did wonder if the glass slipper was yours.