Author Topic: Happy New Calendar Day :-)  (Read 608 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Happy New Calendar Day :-)
« on: January 01, 2023, 05:28:45 PM »
Isn't it a thrill putting up new wall calendars :-) 
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Happy New Calendar Day :-)
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 07:22:40 PM »
I usually wait till about March. Not consciously, but that's when I notice I still have last year's up. Oh, what an eventful life I lead!
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 02:43:42 AM »
Still, it's nice to have something to look forward to...
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2023, 06:42:37 PM »
Well, I have my Montana calendar on the wall and my New Yorker cartoon-a-day calendar on my desk.
And I'm STILL struggling to tell you what day it is. I blame the time of year.

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2023, 02:32:07 PM »
14:32?
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2023, 03:20:05 PM »
14:32?

I think I finally got this. Are you asking if Roger can't say because his tooth is hurting too? 

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2023, 05:24:01 PM »
I'm SO sorry if this occupied your thought processes a moment longer than it took to read my post, Diane, even if your eventual interpretation was infinitely funnier than I was trying to be (I use the word 'trying' advisedly). No, it was simply the UK time I posted it, following on from Roger's use of "the time of year". It might (though I doubt it) have been marginally funnier had it all taken place on January first, but I guess I was banking on Roger REALLY not knowing what day it was.

I regretted it instantly, then forgot about it in the following instant (which is all it merited) and therefore didn't go back to delete it, having by then moved on to kitten videos in YouTube (my rock 'n' roll lifestyle in a nutshell).

But I appreciate your effort to try to make something of it. Not entirely wasted, since you now have the punchline for the sequel to the classic 'What time does a Chinaman go to the dentist?" gag: "And why did he take Confucius with him?"....
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2023, 03:20:47 PM »
I'm just relieved that both of you aren't suffering from toothache LOL