Author Topic: Happy Easter  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Happy Easter
« on: April 05, 2023, 03:26:20 PM »
Two out of three of my adult children will be coming home this weekend, of course I still buy them chocolate bunnies (the other kid got hers last weekend when she visited). Nobody has ever said "I'm too old for a chocolate bunny". 

Things are just not warming up here this year, but the skies are blue and the sun is strong, the real rabbits are still in their white coats.

Wishing you all a great weekend and hope you get to see fluffy lambs and primroses.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Happy Easter
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 09:16:00 AM »
And a Happy Easter to you, too, Diane!
My kids are also coming over for lunch on Sunday---plus my granddaughter. The latter is here today as my daughter has gone back to work and we look after the little one a couple of days a week. It begins...

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 08:01:08 PM »
Happy Easter, all!

I've spent the past 24 hours with Daughter No3 coming to visit along with Grandkids 3&4. Joined yesterday by Daughter No1 and Grandkids 1&2. Absolutely the best fun, but tonight I get to put my feet up and chill, before heading off for a trip to Scotland's 'Secret Bunker' tomorrow to soak up the ambience of nuclear warfare and how to survive it, with Daughter No1 and Grandkids 1&2. My 9-year-old Grandson is really looking forward to it (perhaps too much) as am I, having visited the Hack Green Secret Bunker in Shropshire a few years back. Fascinating place! I never fail to smile when I pass by a road sign pointing to a "SECRET BUNKER". The perfect Easter outing!
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2023, 08:19:36 PM »
That is so cool that you get your granddaughter a couple of days a week, she will really get to know you both.

Glad you are having lots of fun with your grandkids Tarqs - the secret bunker sounds fun, I wonder if hidden eggs will be part of their program this weekend?  I recently read Ken Follet's "Never" it is about bunkers and such, it is a bit of a worry as he researches things in such detail.   
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2023, 06:00:29 PM »
I read Tiger Woods' biography recently and there were quite a few bunkers in that.

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2023, 11:32:25 AM »
:D

The Secret Bunker was excellent, and well worth the trip (have you been, Roger? Not too far from you). Much bigger and better maintained than the Hack Green one I visited down south (although that one had 'cuddly' mice... may have been rats... in the displays for the kids to tick off on a list - no Easter eggs yesterday, sadly, which would have been a brilliant idea). Absolutely fascinating place, and very sobering to find out it had only ceased functioning as a potential attack shelter 30 years ago (no doubt there are bigger and better replacements dotted around the UK).

A great place for reflection and prioritising, for people of my vintage especially I think, but the kids really enjoyed it too (far more than I expected or hoped). I particularly enjoyed meeting the bunker cat, who was very sociable and cute. It wasn't until we were leaving that we actually noticed the cat flaps on several underground doors. My daughter made me laugh by suggesting they should have had one fitted in the massive red-painted 3-ton blast doors at the foot of the entrance to the bunker.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2023, 11:05:25 PM »
That does sound like a great day out for kids, will give them something to think about for sure and maybe even write about in a school project. Glad you enjoyed it too Tarqs.

My boys and I played a card game of Bohnanza, formerly called Bean Bohnanza I believe. Anyway its good for a laugh and is only ages 8+

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2023, 10:55:13 AM »
So, is it over? Can I come out of the bunker now?
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2023, 04:49:05 PM »
So, is it over? Can I come out of the bunker now?

hard to say, who's looking for you? 

We are now in spring mode, only about 10% snow left in shady places, bunnies are turning brown and I'm starting seeds indoors :-) 

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2023, 12:15:48 PM »

No-one... sadly. :(
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2023, 06:46:54 PM »

No-one... sadly. :(

You should buy one of those Babe Magnets next time Honest Abdul is having a sale.

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2023, 06:29:10 PM »
:D

I did. The batteries lasted three days. :(
I apologise, in advance.