Author Topic: Best movie lines ever  (Read 555 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Best movie lines ever
« on: November 17, 2023, 06:00:02 AM »
One of my all time favourite movie quotes is from LOTR : A day may come when the courage of men fails; when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.

I got to yell out today "but it is not this day"

One of the most challenging and awkward pool exercises that we do is “skipping the rope” with a pool noodle.

Our instructor proclaimed today that “one day you all will be able to do this without difficulty”
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Best movie lines ever
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 09:50:40 AM »
One of my favourite movie lines comes from a western called "Ulzana's Raid". A young cavalry officer is desperate to chase after a band of renegade Apaches. The wise old scout, played by the brilliant Burt Lancaster, responds drily.
"An Apache steals a horse and rides it till it falls down. Then he lights a fire under it to get it going again. Next time it falls down, he shoots it, eats it and steals another one. Ain't no way we're gonna beat that."
That's the gist of it, anyway, and it's a great line.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2023, 05:19:28 PM »
But out of those two movie lines, which would look best embroidered on a pillow? 
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2023, 06:10:12 PM »
Um...you win.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2023, 12:23:47 PM »
Yes, but I imagine stealing, shooting, cooking and eating horses (repeated) is a helluva lot easier to do than skipping with a pool noodle.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2023, 02:59:33 PM »
One of my favourite movie lines comes from a western called "Ulzana's Raid".

Mine is "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue." (Airplane 1980)

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2023, 08:23:03 PM »
Dr Dempsey (scientist played by Ted Danson): “I’ll believe in it when I see it, Isabel.”

Isabel (small girl played by Kirsty Graham): “You won’t see it until you believe in it, Mr Dempsey.”

(Loch Ness : 1996)
I apologise, in advance.