Author Topic: Little Online Holiday Treats  (Read 684 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

Little Online Holiday Treats
« on: December 15, 2023, 07:01:24 PM »
I must have watched this 20+ times since I discovered it last week. Sandra Boynton's Snow, Snow Snow

I thought why not start a thread to post Christmas treasures :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co-uk3fvneY
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Re: Little Online Holiday Treats
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2023, 09:58:26 AM »
I enjoyed that, Diane! Really nice animation and amazing to find out all the voices and instruments were by one guy. Thank you!

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2023, 12:16:47 PM »
Absolutely delightful!

Thanks, Diane - I'm very happy to have that as my earworm for the day. Possibly the most festive I've felt so far this year.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2023, 09:49:46 PM »
I'm glad you both liked it :-) I have bought her wall calendar for the past several years - each day of the year shows an activity or event for instance today is maple syrup day.  I don't participate in everything of course, I don't even own a kazoo.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2023, 04:44:33 PM »
How on Earth do you survive without one…?
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2023, 03:42:36 PM »
How on Earth do you survive without one…?

I just try to focus on the positives, I do have some hand bells :-)

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2023, 05:59:10 PM »
Cool!

The trouble with hand bells is that they actually require some musical ability. The kazoo, especially in a crowd of other kazooists, not so much.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2023, 05:12:22 PM »
I bought a set of colour coded kiddie bells (3+) last year and some carol music to go with them - it was a bit of a laugh and minimum skills were required, especially when the bells were shared out so only one or two per person. :-)