Author Topic: Nearly THAT time again...  (Read 13353 times)

Vulture

Re: Nearly THAT time again...
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2007, 10:14:57 PM »
Peter, do me a favour, mate - there's a little button on the left hand side of your keyboard with the words 'caps lock' written on it. How about giving it a little dink...?

GAVE IT A LITTLE DRINK IT SEEMS TO HAVE STUCK. MUST BE THE SUGAR IN THE TEA.

:D :D :D :D :D

Colin

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2007, 10:16:26 PM »
Peter, do me a favour, mate - there's a little button on the left hand side of your keyboard with the words 'caps lock' written on it. How about giving it a little dink...?

GAVE IT A LITTLE DRINK IT SEEMS TO HAVE STUCK. MUST BE THE SUGAR IN THE TEA.

:D :D :D :D :D

Just read that again.
Made me laugh this time.  ;D

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2007, 10:55:20 PM »

Long time for who, Vult?

Well, it's obviously not you, Tarquin.  ;D

Obvious in what way, Vult?  :o
I apologise, in advance.

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2007, 10:58:06 PM »
Peter, you are unique. Praise the Lord!
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2007, 11:45:48 PM »
How about a premium number phone-in vote, where one of us gets kicked out of the fort every week? Last one in wins, and we cream the dosh off the phone numbers scam.  ;D
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2007, 12:53:10 AM »
How about a premium number phone-in vote, where one of us gets kicked out of the fort every week? Last one in wins, and we cream the dosh off the phone numbers scam.  ;D

Who's got the 'Peter Translator', and can you set it for Peepsie?  :-\
I apologise, in advance.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2007, 01:34:33 PM »
Is Peter writing the Andy Capp scripts now? In today's strip, Flo comments to Andy about him jumping on "an apponent's back".

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2007, 03:32:19 PM »
Remember a few years ago I did a cartoon of Dennis shouting up the chimney his thanks to Santa for the sugar tongs?  You could have a Beau Peep cartoon be the Christmas competition.

Or there is always the old standby of guessing how many marbles are in a jar. To make it more christmasy you could change the marbles for salt water taffy.

Or you could ask us to assign the characters of Beau Peep into parts in a modern famous movie or classic novel. e.g Mad Pierre could have the title character spot in Frankenstein.

Or people could print out a Beau Peep face and make a cut-out and have their photo taken with it in the most unusual place.

Or there could be a make a Beau Peep board game competition.

Or there could be: make a classic Beau Peep dish inspired by Egon and take a photo of it. Listing the ingredients used.

How about a theme song? I can't write music though so you would have to allow dum de dum de dums.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2007, 04:49:29 PM »
Beau Peep Blind Date.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2007, 08:01:24 PM »
Is Peter writing the Andy Capp scripts now? In today's strip, Flo comments to Andy about him jumping on "an apponent's back".

I saw this. 100% Mahoney's fault and I cringed. You just can't get the staff these days.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2007, 08:03:26 PM »
Diane, some great ideas. I really like the one about an Egon recipe. Let me think...

Vulture

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2007, 08:09:56 PM »
Remember a few years ago I did a cartoon of Dennis shouting up the chimney his thanks to Santa for the sugar tongs?  You could have a Beau Peep cartoon be the Christmas competition.

Or there is always the old standby of guessing how many marbles are in a jar. To make it more christmasy you could change the marbles for salt water taffy.

Or you could ask us to assign the characters of Beau Peep into parts in a modern famous movie or classic novel. e.g Mad Pierre could have the title character spot in Frankenstein.

Or people could print out a Beau Peep face and make a cut-out and have their photo taken with it in the most unusual place.

Or there could be: make a classic Beau Peep dish inspired by Egon and take a photo of it. Listing the ingredients used.

How about a theme song? I can't write music though so you would have to allow dum de dum de dums.

Diane - where on earth did you get all the ideas from? You're not a cub leader, by any chance?

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2007, 08:56:30 PM »

I saw this. 100% Mahoney's fault and I cringed. You just can't get the staff these days.

I suspected it wasn't YOU, Roger. Mind you, I did wonder if you'd been influenced by the spate of made-up words I haphazardly used in a recent thread....

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2007, 11:57:44 PM »

Diane - where on earth did you get all the ideas from? You're not a cub leader, by any chance?

I do have quite a few thoughts buzzing around in my head... some of them are useful :-)

I am not a cub leader. I am not in favor of cubs/brownies etc. I was thrown out of the girl guides when I was a kid. Miserable gits.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Vulture

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2007, 05:10:00 AM »

I am not a cub leader. I am not in favor of cubs/brownies etc. I was thrown out of the girl guides when I was a kid. Miserable gits.

Beautifully put!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I enjoyed being in the Girl Guides.