Author Topic: What's your favourite Halloween candy?  (Read 3338 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

What's your favourite Halloween candy?
« on: October 31, 2007, 07:14:04 PM »
I sure like these mini-candy bars I buy for the trick-or-treaters.

We usually get no kids come to the door - but we did have a high of about half a dozen one year. The good thing about that is that we get to eat all the candy ourselves. he he Some people in town get like 200 kids at their doors. One guy goes all out with graves on his lawn and a smoke machine in the garage where the kids go through a Halloween grotto.

I am going to be taking my little pirate around town tonight begging on people's doors for candy then we will come home and watch the new Peter Pan movie and stuff our faces with the old-fashioned popcorn balls my hubby made last night and the caramel apples we will make later today.

What will you all be doing tonight?

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Online Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: What's your favourite Halloween candy?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 08:39:44 PM »
We've just got in from the third annual Lamps and Lanterns Festival, in which we march around the village with candle-lit lanterns the kids made, consisting of willow frames and paper skins. It's an enchanting sight as the trail of light snakes through the village, led by musicians with an accordian, drums and bells in their hats, eventually arriving through the church graveyard where we gathered to sing songs, drink coffee and eat cake. Wonderful!

We then burnt the village policeman alive in a cage made of wicker, in time-honoured fashion.
I apologise, in advance.

peter

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 08:43:04 PM »
We've just got in from the third annual Lamps and Lanterns Festival, in which we march around the village with candle-lit lanterns the kids made, consisting of willow frames and paper skins. It's an enchanting sight as the trail of light snakes through the village, led by musicians with an accordian, drums and bells in their hats, eventually arriving through the church graveyard where we gathered to sing songs, drink coffee and eat cake. Wonderful!

We then burnt the village policeman alive in a cage made of wicker, in time-honoured fashion.

Bet you supply arsenic sweets for all the little rotter's that come to your door

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 08:43:18 PM »
As we all know, Diane, sweets and candy aren't good for kids. I shall be giving any little rascals that come to my door some cigarettes and beer.
Only joking. (STOP PRESS: THREE KIDS HAVE JUST BEEN AT MY DOOR AND I GAVE THEM A HANDFUL OF SWEETS AND A POUND EACH!).
Little witch: Shall we tell you a joke?
Me: Okay.
Little witch: A butcher has a 36 inch waist---what does he weigh?
Me: Sausages.
Little witch: Aaaaw! It's meat.
Me: Close enough. I'll have my pound back.
True.

peter

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 08:56:56 PM »
As we all know, Diane, sweets and candy aren't good for kids. I shall be giving any little rascals that come to my door some cigarettes and beer.
Only joking. (STOP PRESS: THREE KIDS HAVE JUST BEEN AT MY DOOR AND I GAVE THEM A HANDFUL OF SWEETS AND A POUND EACH!).
Little witch: Shall we tell you a joke?
Me: Okay.
Little witch: A butcher has a 36 inch waist---what does he weigh?
Me: Sausages.
Little witch: Aaaaw! It's meat.
Me: Close enough. I'll have my pound back.
True.

Bet you took it as well

Offline Max

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 09:05:52 PM »
Only had two lots of the little darlings tonight.

6:15PM First lot of 4-6 year olds, tons of laughing and jokes given. Some of the costumes were great.
Should really have dressed for the part to get into the whole thing.

7:30PM Second lot, probably 8-10 year olds. More laughing but was told that this was only the 2nd door in the whole street that had been opened.
Decided to make amends for the rest of the street and poured a load of sweets into their bags..... added monkey nuts and apples even if they are used in an end of Halloween food fight.

Note to Daily Mail readers, both sets were well behaved, showed good manners, never asked for money (damn I hate that) I hardly needed the Kalashnikov.

Now I still have a load of tooth rotting sweets, but the troops in the office can have them tomorrow.  ;D

Vulture

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 09:14:57 PM »
I'm one of those killjoys who object to American imports.  When I was a kid, we had duck-apple night and toffee apples. We didn't know what a pumpkin was!

Anyway, I live at the top of a block of flats and I never answer my door-phone unless I'm expecting a visitor - so hard luck to any 'trick or treaters'.

peter

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 09:34:25 PM »
I'm one of those killjoys who object to American imports.  When I was a kid, we had duck-apple night and toffee apples. We didn't know what a pumpkin was!

Anyway, I live at the top of a block of flats and I never answer my door-phone unless I'm expecting a visitor - so hard luck to any 'trick or treaters'.

Did not know that you were a kill joy Vulture.

I just put a sign up with no Trick or Treat.
DOGS

If thy knock the dogs barking soon sends them away.
Did have a group that came early well dressed polite gave them money, and they thanked me.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 02:42:52 AM »
We have a new dentist in town - he volunteers one hour a week at the library - this week she dressed him up as a vampire to give out candy on behalf of the library. I think I will report him to the Canadian dental association. :-)

Here are our homemade treats, help yourself...

Here is my little pirate...

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Malc

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 10:05:01 AM »
Does anyone remember the skull shaped sweeties that oozed blood-like raspberry sauce through the eyeholes when you bit them?

There was a huge campaign to have them banned, I remember, probably because they encouraged kids to bite each others heads off.