Author Topic: Happy Christmas.  (Read 11968 times)

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
Happy Christmas.
« on: December 23, 2006, 10:22:44 PM »
I hope you all have a terrific Christmas.
Looking back, this is all kind of weird. Thirty one years ago, I was sitting in the Scottish Highlands, about to celebrate Christmas with my family. A month earlier, I had come up with an idea for a comic strip called "Beau Peep" and was desperately hoping that something would come of it. My friend, the artist Andrew Christine, didn't like the concept. It took me a year to convince him that it could work and another two years of rejection by every paper in the country before it was finally published. The point I'm clumsily trying to make is this...
In 1975, how could I ever have imagined that, in 31 years time, I would be sitting in my house in front of a computer screen, wishing Merry Christmas to people in Australia, Canada and all over the world because of that silly little guy with glasses and a moustache? Like I say...weird.
Anyway, have a great Christmas and thanks to you all.

Malky McG

Re: Happy Christmas.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 02:17:21 AM »
It's been an interesting experience all round, Roger. My sister-in-law in Saltcoats works for the uncle of your friend in Sydney. On the other board one of my old mates from Irvine appeared.
There have been so many happy coincidences I've lost count.

Malky McG

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 02:19:06 AM »
Oh, and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year tae ane an' a'...

Tom

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 04:42:28 AM »
You know, the world is a big place.
Yet wherever you go, you meet someone from your home town, or someone who knows someone you know. That makes the world smaller.
"It's a small world" folk say when these things happen.
Some say it's just coincidence; some say it's weird; however things happen because they must. You fall down, you get up again... you get rejected, you try again... you lose the plot, you find it again...

What I'm trying to say is, as the world is so much smaller, it stands to reason that everyone should get along... so, for my bit, whether you are in Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom or anywhere else in the world, have a fabulous Christmas and New Year, and may peace be with you always.

And Roger... take a bow.  If you'd have given up all those years ago this forum wouldn't be here, and thousands - nay millions- would have missed out on Beau Peep. And Horace, of course!

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 01:14:02 PM »
Happy Christmas, everyone.

I'm still looking for a country that does not celebrate Christmas. I tried "Scrooge Land" but no luck.

designation

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 10:11:10 AM »
happy christmas& a happy new year 2 u 2, i know its too late 2 wish u, but i jus registered as a member 2 day,i am from india , big fan of beau peep, but sad part is i been in search of a beau peep book for many years now, cant get it in india and then when my friend had gone 2 england i asked him 2 get me , even their he couldnt find in any of the book shops,y is that u cant get books of beau peep,like asterix or calvin&hobbes ect ect?. i jus have 1 book my friend send it from england which she bought through ebay,why cant you still publish older books like other comics???how can i get beau peep books other than ebay?bcos shipping costs r 2 high 2 india.

Malky McGookin

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 11:34:55 AM »
(sigh)...we should agree not to reply to anyone who posts using mobile phone text grammar.

It's the difference between typing "2" and "to" for goodness sake, what are these kids doing with the accumulated split seconds they save? I can understand why that's done when someone is text messaging, but not on a computer keyboard.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 11:38:58 AM »
Id lke 2 wlcom u 2, Des!
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 12:32:12 PM »
Wel6come Des tooooo dam 8 b0 p33p n0tice bored.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 09:20:32 PM »
Welcome, Mr. Designation. I'm sorry, mate, but the best way I know of to buy Beau Peep books is through eBay. We were talking about this recently, but do you know which Indian newspaper Beau appears in these days?

Malc

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 12:54:46 AM »
It's got to be the Times of India.

Or the Peeple.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 09:32:09 AM »
Groan.

Malky McGookin