Author Topic: The Mighty Bulldogs  (Read 10438 times)

Malc

The Mighty Bulldogs
« on: December 16, 2007, 03:44:27 PM »
OK, I'm just setting the scene for my match reports regarding Capalaba Mighty Bulldogs (U15s) next year.

As you know I've been appointed coach of the U15 Doggies, and the preamble goes like this:

Me, an unfancied coach, is given unfancied team to run prior to the 2008 season. I was told at the time I was appointed that I would have hardly any kids turn up for trials owing to the "best" kids having gone to another club after last season when we finished sixth.
Oddly, they have followed the coach who secured that sixth place (the lowest the boys have ever finished) to the other club (?)

At the trials LOADS of kids turned up, and we chose twelve, leaving a couple of spots available for latecomers of the required standard.
During the trials which I ran and oversaw, one senior club coach cast aspersions on what he saw as my rather unorthodox methods (I basically schewed the dribbling around cones deal, preferring the lads to play one whole match, with drinks breaks, to see how they fared in a real game situation).
I told him to take his clipboard and f**k off, that I was sick of his snotty attitude and that I had never liked him anyway.
He chose not to take any more part in the proceedings.

After the letters of acceptance had been sent out, four players replied and said that they would prefer not to take their place in the side, as a better offer had come up.
This happens, especially in U15s, when the clubs who trial early get the tyre-kickers, just trialling for kicks.

So now I'm phoning around known and able players who appear to be stateless, asking what they're up to next season.
Alex Ferguson started out the same way, I hear.

Malc

Re: The Mighty Bulldogs
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 03:46:36 PM »
By the way, don't feel obliged to answer these posts, treat them like a little diary I'm posting on the Beau Peep site for your amusement.

I'll be taking photos during the season, and maybe even posting videos on You Tube.

peter

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 03:52:20 PM »
Thanks for the up date.
When I started as coach I did a similar thing telling all the old players that thy would not figure in next years matches if they did not shape up.
Only two made the grade.
In seven years we had climbed 4 leagues and won the cup.
Go Bullies Go

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 04:02:40 PM »
Thanks for the up date.
When I started as coach I did a similar thing telling all the old players that thy would not figure in next years matches if they did not shape up.
Only two made the grade.
Go Bullies Go

Did Mince get in your team, Pete?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

peter

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 04:55:30 PM »
Thanks for the up date.
Only two made the grade.
Go Bullies Go

Did Mince get in your team, Pete?

he didn't get out of bed .
if he had he would not have known the rules

Malc

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 05:19:23 PM »
So that's a "no" then?

peter

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 06:04:12 PM »
So that's a "no" then?

Not worth trying to sign him

Malc

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 11:47:31 PM »
I think we'd all like to know more about what a crushing disappointment Mince has been as a son.
Do share.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 12:00:00 AM »
I think we'd all like to know more about what a crushing disappointment Mince has been as a son.
Do share.

Is there anything good about him, Peter? Anything at all? Maybe something a Dad would be proud of, (other than the fact he knows how to use semi-colons correctly)?

Vulture

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 08:02:35 AM »
Do share.

Is there anything good about him, Peter? Anything at all? Maybe something a Dad would be proud of, (other than the fact he knows how to use semi-colons correctly)?

I would have thought, given Peter's record with the 3 R's, the fact that Mince CAN read and write (and do 'rithmatic) was something to be proud of. Peter's hasn't been a very good role model, has he?
Who helped Mince with his homework?  ::)

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 08:08:07 AM »
In Pete's football team, Mince was Left Back.

Left back in the changing room correcting the punctuation on the team-sheets.

peter

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 10:00:44 AM »
In Pete's football team, Mince was Left Back.

Left back in the changing room correcting the punctuation on the team-sheets.

Right back at home

peter

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 10:15:13 AM »
Once he got his first computer a Sinclair he became house bound.
only turning out of his bedroom when food was served then disappearing again.
People came to talk to him but it was all done in his bedroom.
he was there for so long i thought he might turn into a Mekon.
then he went to uni.

peter

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 10:21:47 AM »
Do share.

I would have thought, given Peter's record with the 3 R's, the fact that Mince CAN read and write (and do 'rithmatic) was something to be proud of. Peter's hasn't been a very good role model, has he?
Who helped Mince with his homework?  ::)

Who was it who pointed him in the right direction.
Who showed him how to open a book.
Who feed  him jurying his growing years ;D
Who washed his clothes and still does.
Who pushed him along.
Who kissed it better.

I found one of the "R"under "A". Know wonder we cant spell.
I have found a second one under "W"
No wonder I can not write with people saying look up the three "R"
What a con.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 10:24:04 AM by peter »

peter

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2007, 10:54:12 AM »
Do share.

Now that's a good question
I will cogitated ??? ??? ??? on it and get back to you soon as and when.