Author Topic: Victoria Day  (Read 2415 times)

madjock

Victoria Day
« on: May 19, 2008, 02:32:10 PM »
Ok not wanting to sound stupid, what's Victoria Day all about then? :-\

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: Victoria Day
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 02:37:21 PM »
Victoria.
I apologise, in advance.

madjock

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 03:08:07 PM »
Doh! Queen Victoria day!  ::)

Vulture

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 08:50:57 PM »
Victoria.

Victoria Station?
Victoria Falls?
Victoria Sponge?

Malc

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 01:08:23 AM »
It's created in honour of Victoria Beckham, and it celebrates British women who have achieved fame without possessing any perceptible talent.

It's actually a fantastic initiative, as now many hopeless, undernourished and plain girls with a spray tan and a questionable set of values have something to aspire to beyond a two hour visit to a nail technician and a week of STD avoidance in Ibiza.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 02:34:33 AM »
Victoria Day weekend is the weekend in Alberta when we plant our annual bedding plants, have strawberry teas and is the first real camping weekend of the year for many happy campers.

This year the strawberries sit in the fridge as my whole family has the stomach flu.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 07:49:51 AM »
I'd missed you, Diane. How have you been yourself? have you had the sh stomach flu yourself?
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Diamond Lil

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 04:37:38 PM »
I'm out in sympthy with your family, Diane....struck down midnight Sunday, not at work yesterday and only managed until coffee-time (for the doctors as their budget doesn't stretch to giving any to patients) today...practice manager finally said I looked worse than anybody who'd been in this morning so would I please go hide elsewhere.  What's the Canadian answer to stomach flu?  I can't get past sips of water over here :-\

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 05:44:31 PM »
Sorry I couldn't answer earler Nige - I had to dash.

Diamond Lil - mine hit Saturday afternoon (I was quite happy weeding flowerbeds in the morning) and I am only starting to feel good now (but still a little bit like a limp dish rag) so we are looking at about three days - which is what the school bus driver said it took her to get over it when I phoned to say my son wouldn't be going to school.

If you don't keep your fluids up you will end up with an awful headache. Jello is good and the old standby of flat gingerale. Of course you need to be fit to make jello.

Flop on the couch - we are all in this together.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Diamond Lil

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 07:46:15 PM »
I'm flopped and by my reckoning, should start to feel better tomorrow...just as well as I've got someone coming from the Health Board to audit the way I record diabetics....the docs keep them well so I'd have thought that would be the main thing but hey! so long as she can concentrate with my tummy rumbling away in the background, all should be OK