Author Topic: Holiday Snaps...  (Read 4642 times)

Offline The Peepmaster

Holiday Snaps...
« on: July 20, 2008, 06:53:54 PM »
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Vulture

Re: Holiday Snaps...
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 07:25:59 PM »
Drip?.... did I miss something?

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 07:35:16 PM »

How would Mince know?

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 07:49:50 PM »

How would Mince know?

Easy. Roger told me ages ago that you're a drip.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 08:01:29 PM »
You mean Roger, who's at the bar cricket match, who therefore can't repudiate your assertion?  ..0

Vulture

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 08:06:32 PM »
You mean Roger, who's at the bar cricket match, who therefore can't repudiate your assertion? ..0

Nice phrase, Peeps.

So, forget the mincing about - what happened that lead you to be dripified?

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 08:14:55 PM »
Oh that! I was running a fever for a few days. Spent a couple of days in a grotty hospital room in Tagbilaran, on Bohol. There were cockroaches running around at night! Not nice sharing a room with vermin.

The staff were lovely though, (typical filipino kindness, etc). A load of young trainee nurses asked if they could have their photos taken with me for their course-work. I felt like a celebrity.

On the second day I requested a discharge. I figured my luxury hotel room overlooking the sea was a better place to recuperate!

Vulture

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 08:17:24 PM »
And are you now back to normal (I use this word rather loosely..)?

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 01:25:33 AM »
Fantastic photos Nige. It looks like you can be where the crowds and parties are and then be in in the middle of nature in the next photo.

Glad you and Lucy had a great holiday.  ;D
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 08:48:16 AM »
It looks like you can be where the crowds and parties are and then be in in the middle of nature in the next photo.

Sounds just like Dundee.
I apologise, in advance.

Calypso

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 02:42:34 PM »
Thanks for sharing the photos, Peepmaster. I enjoyed looking at them.

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 03:41:18 PM »
Thanks Diane, and Calypso. The Philippines is a vast archipelago and it can be quite exhausting trying to explore just part of it, but the people have a friendly and helpful nature, and there's never any hint of aggression in any on the parts I visited. Everyone is so laid-back. (The only trouble-spots seem to be in the very southern islands where the Philippines army has been fighting some insurgency for many years).

It's very tiring traveling to and from the other side of the world, but I already feel quite up-for-it again! Lucy and I are putting together some "tours" which we plan to be marketing in the UK. We're currently going through achieving the accreditations required for working in the UK travel industry. Much of our trip this time was taken up with finding high quality hotels, and we had some very productive meetings. Believe me, having a clean, comfortable refuge to come home to at the end of the day is essential, and also very affordable.

Offline Diane CBPFC

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 04:43:00 PM »
What a good idea to make some cash - maybe you could bring your tourists to my place on your world tour (when you expand) where they can throw snowballs at Moose for just $10 a pop.
People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 08:00:53 PM »
What a good idea to make some cash - maybe you could bring your tourists to my place on your world tour (when you expand) where they can throw snowballs at Moose for just $10 a pop.

You've named him?

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 08:09:38 PM »

You've named him?

Moose, the moose. Yes - that sounds like a good name.

I could think up a few more... Turtle, the turtle, for example...