Author Topic: US president #44  (Read 4839 times)

Offline Diane CBPFC

US president #44
« on: January 20, 2009, 08:33:41 PM »
Who has been watching the Inauguration?

One of my favourite bits was watching the Americans getting their photos taken in London's Madam Tousards with the wax Obama.

People will come from strange lands to hear me speak my words of wisdom. They will ask me the secret of life and I will tell them. Then maybe I'll finish off with a song. The Nomad

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
Re: US president #44
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 08:43:06 PM »
Have they melted Dubya down yet? I bet there's a queue for that job.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 08:46:35 PM »

I don't watch television at all so the answer is no, and that wouldn't change if I did.

Vulture

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 08:52:43 PM »

I don't watch television at all so the answer is no, and that wouldn't change if I did.

What ^^he^^ said!

Offline The Peepmaster

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 09:06:15 PM »
Question:Who has been watching the Inauguration?

Mince's Answer:I don't watch television at all so the answer is no, and that wouldn't change if I did.

How can the answer to "Who has been watching the inauguration?" be "No"?

And what does "and that wouldn't change if I did." refer to?

Totally confused.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be. 😟

Jack

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 10:34:00 PM »
I flicked it on briefly. My favourite bit was all the bored-looking American folk watching him, with expressions that said "what's he talking about?" while also stifling yawns.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 10:36:36 PM »
Who is he, anyway?

Malc

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 12:23:21 AM »
He's an alien from the planet Zebulon, Mince. Or he might as well be, as far as you're concerned.

Feather

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 01:40:00 AM »
As probably the only American on here, I would like to say that I'm just glad G.W. is gone. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Georgie!  As governor of my state, he was a mere dumb ass (is the term "dumb ass" allowed on this board?) but as President of the United States he became an egotistical, dangerous doofus.

I don't know if Barak Obama will be the "positive change" everyone around the world wants to see, but I hope he is. Surely to God he will not be an incompetent, egotistical, moronic good ol' boy who couldn't find his own backside without a team of advisors -- one of whom would be holding the flashlight, another one would be holding a map while the rest would be intently discussing how they could best cover it up if he did manage to find it.

Malc

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 02:17:58 AM »
What I'm concerned about is the fact that a lot of Americans are already saying it's time to "move on".

Of course the U.S. must move on, but that shouldn't be a euphemism for letting Bush, Cheney, Rove, etc, disappear into comfortable obscurity. Those guys should hang for what they did not only to Iraq, but to America itself.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 08:33:14 AM »
He's an alien from the planet Zebulon, Mince. Or he might as well be, as far as you're concerned.

Yeah, like I'm going to believe that.

You must think I'm a moron.

Everyone knows that Zebulon was incinerated by the Planet Killer in the Second Great Spiral Arm War.

Offline Roger Kettle

• Roger
  • Ho! Ho! £$%^&* Ho!
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 09:25:28 AM »
I'm actually worried about how optimistic I am. Having said that, Obama certainly doesn't have to concern himself with the old expression "He's got a hard act to follow".

Fyodor

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 09:44:53 AM »
I hereby admit it; I was optimistic when Tony Blair got in.

Offline Tarquin Thunderthighs lll

• They call me Tarqs... and other stuff.
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 10:39:44 AM »
I hereby admit it; I was optimistic when Tony Blair got in.

I was close to despair. I knew how much I was going to miss the Tories, and the huge benefits I had received under their reign, and I worried that the new kids on the block would not be able to meet my needs in the same way.

But then I was a political cartoonist at the time.

And I was wrong - New Labour gave me plenty to draw about.

And much as I hope and pray Obama can live up to his billing in the years ahead, I feel for my fellow cartoonists now that Bush is gone.
I apologise, in advance.

Offline Mince

• Utter Waste of Time
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2009, 01:26:59 PM »
And much as I hope and pray Obama can live up to his billing in the years ahead, I feel for my fellow cartoonists now that Bush is gone.

Are Zebulons difficult to draw?